The Ultimate XBMC Companion
Based off of what I am currently using for myself I have decided to put together a virtual appliance that with a little bit of additional config would be usable for anyone.

I am currently looking for advice on anything additional that I can add or change about it.

The base image is a Turnkey Linux Joomla appliance with the following added:

SABnzbd
SickBeard
Couchpotato
Headphones
Rutorrent

I am considering also putting Deluge and Torrent-flux on the image.
It also has menu Items for common sites like xbmc forum, nzb.su etc which all open within an iframe so you never leave the joomla interface.
Being that it is joomla there is a lot of customization and add-ons that can be added.

one thing I would like to be able to do is insert "Widgets/modules" like Mediafrontpage and Maraschino have but my php skills are lacking.

Please let me know what you think.

Here are some screen shots so far:

Looks very nice and ought to help make it easier for some folks to setup those services! Very cool idea :-)
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I've often wondered why this hasn't been done....good job on getting it going - an off the shelf VM with allt he basic media tools in it seems a very sensible idea...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
like BLKMGK and bossanova808 I also think it sounds like a great projekt and sofare it looks good. somebody should really have don it before so keep the good work.. :-D
I don't know if these are related but if not maybe you could contact the author and merge the projects?

https://github.com/tssgery/nzbapp
I have already done some of this, I've built an ISO image based upon Turnkey Linux (Ubuntu 10.04), that has:

SABnzbd
SickBeard
Couchpotato
Headphones
Maraschino

Already installed and [mostly] configured. All you need to do is to install from the ISO to a Virtual Machine or Physical Machine and configure the application with your usenet server settings and search provider settings.

I am in the process of adding information to my website at www.aceshome.com

I have been running it for awhile now it it has been working great. Since I keep all my files on a File share I created the Directory structure on the VM but have the folders mapping directly to the shares.

I just have to make changes to the base VM that I have made on my own and I should be able to have an image available for people to try. Hopefully this weekend!
any updates?
WE ALL WE GOT
DOA?
(2012-04-20, 17:17)tssgery Wrote: I have already done some of this, I've built an ISO image based upon Turnkey Linux (Ubuntu 10.04), that has:

SABnzbd
SickBeard
Couchpotato
Headphones
Maraschino

Already installed and [mostly] configured. All you need to do is to install from the ISO to a Virtual Machine or Physical Machine and configure the application with your usenet server settings and search provider settings.

I am in the process of adding information to my website at www.aceshome.com

This one is still going...
Hi all,

Great work

So Tssgery's applicance is great, used it for a while now

Wonderful if Pipermac is still going on his project though?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Ultimate XBMC Companion0