Linux Harddrives missing
Hi

I have ben experiencing my harddrives is messing after boot. I have to log into Ubuntu and back into XBMC, befare the harddrives appear.

Any idea?

Frodo RC3

Thanks
Are you mounting the disks through fstab? From memory the command

blkid -l

Will list your hard disks.
Hi

I do the following:

Boot Up the box from total power Down.
It boot in less than 10 seconds with SSD.
In XBMC I Can see that xbmc Can not see any local drives (I have 2 x 2 TB.) So all my libraries is gone and I cannot play anything.
I log out of XBMC and into XBMCubuntu. In Ubuntu I Can see both both harddrives and access Them without problems. I log out of XBMCubuntu and back into XBMC and Voila harddrives are present and useable.

This is a outofthebox installation of XBMC v.12 RC3. None tweaking has ben done. (Im not that strong in Linux)

Had the same issue with RC1. Can the issue be related to fast boot time, so the disks doesent have time to initialize before XBMC is Up and running?

Thanks for all your help ;-)

Best regards

Arne
Try having the disks mounted via fstab.

You can also look in /var/log/dmesg and /var/log/syslog for information regarding the mounting, but mounting viafstab should fix your problem .
Indeed, /etc/fstab is probably your solution. If you could paste the output of "fdisk -l" (must be run as root) and "mount" after you have logged in to Ubuntu we could probably help you out with the correct fstab syntax.
Hi guys

Thanks for all your help and support :-)
Like I wrote, I am a newbie to Linux. So I really do not know what you mean by run as root.
I know I have to do some Reading on how to handle Linux in Basic, so that might is were I have to start.

But latest news is that in terminal where I logged in as the user I created during installation, I noticed, that disks in fdisk are mounted in /xbmc/vault 7. (Vault 7 is the name of my ntfs drive)
So the disks are mounted by the system, just not when it boots directly into xbmc, or at least the drives cannot be used in xbmc. If I log into XBMCubuntu and back into xbmc, everything works fine. Just annoing that I have to do this little trick to get it working. But I live with that until I have done some reading :-)

Thanks for the help, and I get back when I have climbed a step Up in my Linux skilles :-)

Best regards

Arne

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harddrives missing0