Win Xbox 360 Controller won't work after it was idle
same problem here with the 360 pad...no responses after it goes to sleep...and sometimes even crash...I try to replicate to post a log...not better result with 360event...Sad
did it...

http://pastebin.com/E6xUuBmA

easy: restart computer, wait, did NOTHING, on a clean install...wait for my pad to sleep...then impossible to wake xbmc...then xbmc crash...
I run eden on windows 7...I used to have many problem with eden so I switched back to rc 2 but this morning I got time to re-install it, clean...and it's worth...Sad

maybe it comes from my ati pilotesHuh ( last ones )
again...doing nothing...again pad don't work...then crash...

http://pastebin.com/SwrVfRBX

it's starting to be really depressing...
Same here. Wireless Xbox360 controller works fine when starting XBMC but then after the controller goes to sleep as soon as I wake it up XBMC crashes. I'm not using the eventclient.

Really odd thing though the last day or two its been working fine, no crashes.
(2012-04-11, 14:30)n00neimp0rtant Wrote: I'm dealing with this bug as well. I've got a PS3 controller set up to emulate a 360 controller with MotionInJoy, and if it is disconnected while XBMC is running (usually because of the power-saving timeout), XBMC crashes, giving the Windows "xbmc has stopped running" message. Looking at atsumori's log, it's definitely something to do with MotionInJoy, but I will post a log later on today.

I could be wrong, but I think the MotionInJoy part in my log might just be because I switched applications over to MotionInJoy to disconnect the controller. It could, of course, still be MotionInJoy's fault though.
switch back to RC2...no more problem...for now...magik
yeah magic that others had problem with rc2 and the fix helped them. That happens if you have to fix it blindly. But who uses a controller for a htpc anyway :p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I was not aware for a fix...could you point me to it? for eden I mean...
and for the controller, I'm a user of Advanced launcher so I could watch or play on my TV, I also have a remote control but with the controller it's more convinient....
you have the patch already as it was committed between rc2 and eden. What I meant was that it helped others but didn't work with your setup.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I don't know why....Sad
is there no clues in my log?
Same issue as you guys on eden. I hope we can figure out a solution I like using the 360 controller more then android remote or tv remote.
what is your system?
maybe we have something in common that 's cause the problem...apparently the others have found their solution...for me the fix WISo is talking about is no use...
the most strange is that it work perfeclty under RC2...but not with EDEN...Sad
I'm under win 7 32 bit with a wireless 360 pad ...it's really getting on my nerve...
anyway...cheers!
Wireless XBMC controller here, Windows 7 64bit using the joystick.Xbox.360.Wireless.Controller.xml keymap. Never had a problem with it until Eden final.

(2012-04-12, 10:22)WiSo Wrote: But who uses a controller for a htpc anyway :p
I use it because I don't have direct line of sight to the htpc (its actually in another room) so either RF or Bluetooth are my best options. Used the PS3 remote with PS3 Bluemote for a while but got sick of recharging the batteries every few days. Got a Rii Mini too but the feel of it kind of sucks to use as a media remote. The primary reason I like using the Xbox 360 controller is I've been an XBMC user since the original Xbox version and have really come to like the functionality and responsiveness of the controller which IMHO can not be touched by a conventional remote.

I am actually unable to install RC2 (crashes when I launch the installer) so I'm hoping there will be some sort of other fix. My system is a Mac Mini 2010 running Win 7 64-bit with two DualShock 3s connected via Bluetooth.

And I use the controller because I play a lot of games on the HTPC. Even contributed a small patch to Advanced Launcher!
where can i download rc2? is no longer available on donwloads page

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox 360 Controller won't work after it was idle0