xbmc.gui bump to 3.0.1
Ronie, JM

we would need GUI bump

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="3.0.1"/>
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Have requested the committer to bump the API.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@pecinko: xbmc.gui bumped to 3.0.1 with backwards-compatibility to 3.00
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-03-26, 01:04)Montellese Wrote: @pecinko: xbmc.gui bumped to 3.0.1 with backwards-compatibility to 3.00

Cheers!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

OK so I'm confused ? anyone care to explain a little history to this statement
right never mind its all about the pinned topic and changes for the next version rather than somthing broke with a new feature and needed a backwards compatibility check
Yup - API was bumped so the skin that depends on the feature will be able to specify they want 3.0.1 and thus won't be installable on Eden.

(IMO this feature by itself isn't useful enough for a skinner to bother doing that - it won't cause issues if they use it and the infolabels aren't there).

We'll try and keep bumping the API in this way so that skinners should always have a version they can rely on.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-03-26, 06:01)jmarshall Wrote: (IMO this feature by itself isn't useful enough for a skinner to bother doing that - it won't cause issues if they use it and the infolabels aren't there).

Although this is technically true, installing such skin in Eden would lead to user ending up with half of screen empty (e.g. season posters used instead of episode thumbs) causing avalanche of support questions and assumptions that either skin or xbmc is buggy.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc.gui bump to 3.0.10