Flags for DTS-HD 7.1
Is it possible to have T flag movies that have DTS-HD 7.1 tracks, currently they show up same as DTS HD 5.1
7.1 flags are already include in T!

if the wrong one is showing the maybe xbmc reports the incorrect number of channels to the skin.

to check, go into settings > skin settings > general, and enable 'show debug info'
next navigate to the movie in question and let me know which values are reported for
ListItem.AudioCodec and ListItem.AudioChannels
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Looks like that's whats happening. My Jurassic Park rip for example debug info shows it as 6 channels but its an 8 channel track and when I scan it with MediaInfo that's how it shows up. Anything I can do?
maybe the movie has multiple audio streams, a 6 channel and a 8 channel one?

regardless, there's nothing you can do about it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yeah, might be picking up a DTS 5.1 or AC3 stream first.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I noticed this as well. XBMC is pulling the number of channels from the DTS-HD core track which is 5.1. For example, I have an MKV file with a single audio track that is 7.1 DTS-HD. The core is 5.1 and that value is being stored in the XBMC database.
Couldn't you edit the nfo file to say 8 channels and rescan it?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Or maybe use MKV toolnix and move the desired audiostream to the top of the list.
Correct me if i am wrong but according to some sources (i.e. wiki) DTS HDMA does not actually contain 7.1 track.

It contain "core" track for backward compatibility (which is lossy) and "residual" track that contain information necessary to build lossless HDMA audio from "core" track.

I assume (cannot verify it) "core" track will be 5.1 (since there were no 7.1 in old days). As there is no actual 7.1 track in DTS HDMA, XBMC might be picking up only "core" track.

This is unlike Dolby TrueHD, which actually have 7.1 lossless track. Thats probably why XBMC reports correctly 7.1 for TrueHD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flags for DTS-HD 7.10