No NetFlix Avail. With New Eden Release
Bug 
Frustrating.

Building HTPC. Using the new Eden release(s). Started with Linux Live version... But no bluetooth support (the instructions online don't apply to Eden), and no Netflix. ^%$#%^&... So I install Windows 7, and build up from there. No problem with Bluetooth. But now, there's no Netflix for the new Eden release.

It's not in the Add ons menu. I know where to look, I've done it before on other PCs. But it's just not there. I've seen a few other responses in posts scattered around the forum describing this same issue, but no thread on it. Maybe it's there for those of you that are upgrading... but for a fresh install of the new Eden release, it's a no-go.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jason
Netflix is a 3rd-party add-on. You need to add the appropriate repository. Take a nosy around the add-on forums.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Normally the Netflix addon can be found in the official repository. With the Eden release, it is no longer listed. I don't know why, it's just not there. Quite a few other postings (not threads) have described the same problem.

I don't know about everyone else, but in our house Netflix is about 50-60% of what we would do with our media player, maybe 10% youtube (kids), and 30-40% Streaming sd/hd video (blu-ray / dvd). So this is very important to us.

(Thanks jmarshall) I found one post, in the back of the XBMCFlix thread where one person said they made it work by directly uploading the zip file.
The URL is here: https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks Upper left, there is a link that says "zip". That is the file that is reported to work (it's for version 10). (I'm at work, so I've not tried it yet). Honestly, I don't even know if that is a repository file, or the actual xbmcflix file.

It looks like one guy's personal file sharing tool, rather than any kind of "official" release/repository.

I'm really surprised there isn't howling about the Netflix addon missing from the repository. Maybe we're odd balls with our Netflix use... but I'm guessing that most people are upgrading, and the plugin stays from the previous version.

We're using Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, Eden full release. And after reinstalling Eden twice just to be sure, and digging through the other categories in the official repository just to be sure, and finding other posts with the same issue, XBMCFlix is currently not visible in the official repository (in particular, under the "Video add-ons" category).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No NetFlix Avail. With New Eden Release0