RSS Editor won't work
Hi,

I'm at my wit's end. I'm using Win7 (32bit) and my RSSEditor won't work. I have logged the error. the RSS Editor causes the error (script failed: script.rss.editor failed) Now glancing at the log with the little knowledge (read: none) I have I thought that maybe these files weren't there. But checking the appropriate folders revealed that they indeed exist.
I tried reinstalling everything but the error remains.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I'm also using the newest EDEN version if that is of any help.

Code:
11:48:04 T:364  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:48:04 T:364   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - The source file to load is C:\Users\HT�\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.rss.editor\default.py
11:48:04 T:364   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - Setting the Python path to C:\Users\HT�\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.rss.editor;C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.module.pysqlite\lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\python26.zip;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files\XBMC;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages;
11:48:04 T:364   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - Entering source directory C:\Users\HT�\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.rss.editor
11:48:04 T:364   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.rss.editor" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
11:48:04 T:364  NOTICE: [SCRIPT] 'RSS Editor: version 2.0.0' initialized!
11:48:04 T:364   ERROR: C:\Users\HT�\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.rss.editor\resources\lib\rssEditor.py:13: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
                                              xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
11:48:04 T:364  NOTICE: [SCRIPT] RSS Editor --> Could not open C:\Users\HTä\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\RssFeeds.xml. Either the file does not exist, or its                size is zero.
11:48:04 T:364    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
11:48:04 T:364   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
11:48:04 T:364   ERROR: Error Contents: XMLParser instance has no attribute 'feedsTree'
11:48:04 T:364   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HT�\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.rss.editor\default.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                ui = rssEditor.GUI("script-RSS_Editor-rssEditor.xml", __cwd__, "default", setNum = 'set1')
                                              File "C:\Users\HT�\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.rss.editor\resources\lib\rssEditor.py", line 16, in __init__
                                                if self.parser.feedsTree:
                                            AttributeError: XMLParser instance has no attribute 'feedsTree'
11:48:04 T:364    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
the problem is the special character (ä) in the username.

could you test if this version fixes the issue:
script.rss.editor-2.0.1

edit: found another potential encoding issue, fixed in v2.0.2:
script.rss.editor-2.0.2
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi,
I just changed my Username to use only ASCII characters because the favorites.xml also didn't work because of the "ä".
Now it works fine. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RSS Editor won't work0