Win XBMC 11 will not start
Question 
i have tried as an updrade from XBMC 10 to XBMC 11 or a clean install and both give same error

XBMC Fatal Error - can't load sqlite3.dll

couple of errors in log

ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\cpluff.dll with error 193:%1 is not a valid Win32 application.
ERROR: Exception in CApplication::Stop()

www.pastebin.com/E4AqN4uh

XBMC 10 - worked fine on this pc, uninstall of 11 and reinstall of 10 got me running with previous version.

Thanks in Advance. Albertio
Exact same error on a fresh XP 32bit install.
Right-click on XBMC's properties and look at the "Start In" command line - it should point to c:\program files (x86)\xbmc

If it does, try download again and do a clean install (delete or rename previous XBMC directory).
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-27, 16:00)DDDamian Wrote: If it does, try download again and do a clean install (delete or rename previous XBMC directory).

yes was pointed to c:\program files (x86)\xbmc - i uninstalled deleted XBMC from c:\program files (x86)\ and also checked XBMC folder was removed from appdata\roaming folder

redownload and install.

same issue comes up with the fatal error before xbmc can start
Is it possible that XBMC is using a different version of the sqlite3.dll? If you uninstall XBMC and do a search of your hard drive for sqlite3.dll do you find one?

You could also try running XBMC in portable mode with the -p switch
Uninstall - no sqlite3.dll

Reinstall - there are two sqlite3.dll files within c:\Program Files(x86)\XBMC

\system\sqlite3.dll 427kb modified 10/12/2010
\system\python\DDLS\sqlite3.dll 558kb modified 24/08/2010

Portable mode Debug Level 2
http://pastebin.com/RQGDeprh

still the same error at startup re sqlite3.dll

should i not also be trying to sort the error re system\cpluff.dll in the log file

what do you have re sql files in the XBMC Folder??
I'm not at home - but I'll check ASAP. A quick google indicates that you may have a file named Program in c:\ and windows is attempting to launch that. Do you?
In Windows 7 x64 my sqllite3.dll reports as being 559kb in explorer. Can you double check that the files are the same size? I'm not sure if language would have an impact on the file size - I'm running in english.

Here's the output from a command prompt:

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC>dir /s sqlite3.dll
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is BC7B-4AD7

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system

12/10/2010 12:18 AM 437,248 sqlite3.dll
1 File(s) 437,248 bytes

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\DLLs

08/24/2010 01:47 PM 571,904 sqlite3.dll
1 File(s) 571,904 bytes

Total Files Listed:
2 File(s) 1,009,152 bytes
0 Dir(s) 974,508,482,560 bytes free
In explorer my file says it is 427 KB. So that may not be a good indicator. The command prompt output matches your though, so best to go by that to compare file size.
hmmmm...almost looks like something is overriding the windows path - %1 should be the directory XBMC is run from and uses to find files. If you open a command prompt (Start, cmd.exe) and type in "path c:\program files (x86)\xbmc; %path%", then exit, and restart XBMC does it run?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
yes files look the same (my settings regional settings English UK)

only a couple of files in C: (pagefile, hiberfil & msdia80.dll)

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC>dir /s sqlite3.dll
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 24C3-6DFB

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system

10/12/2010 05:18 437,248 sqlite3.dll
1 File(s) 437,248 bytes

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\DLLs

24/08/2010 18:47 571,904 sqlite3.dll
1 File(s) 571,904 bytes

Total Files Listed:
2 File(s) 1,009,152 bytes
0 Dir(s) 131,930,087,424 bytes free
(2012-03-27, 20:20)DDDamian Wrote: hmmmm...almost looks like something is overriding the windows path - %1 should be the directory XBMC is run from and uses to find files. If you open a command prompt (Start, cmd.exe) and type in "path c:\program files (x86)\xbmc; %path%", then exit, and restart XBMC does it run?

done the command (never got an confirmation or error message)

no same XBMC fatal error

if it is something overriding the path, how come an install of ver 10 work ok
What do the properties of the shortcut you're running look like?

Here is what mine looks like:

http://imgur.com/9eYFq

I also checked my path settings and there is no entry for XBMC on Win7 x64
Do you have a different drive/partition you can install to? For example, I have XBMC installed on D:\HTPC\XBMC. It would be nice to know if that makes any difference at all. Then launch it by double clicking the .exe file in the resulting folder and not using any shortcut. I have different builds of XBMC installed this way and they all run independent of one another.
Even if you don't have another drive, you could attempt to install it to c:\XBMC and see if the problem is caused by having a space in the folder name. I realize it shouldn't cause a problem, but it's one more thing to investigate.

Also in your advanced settings you don't need the lines that contain the following:

<setting>value</setting>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11 will not start0