• 4(current)
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?
I just want some some better library and menu management. I would like complete control of what menus like movies, videos, etc. contain without the need for smart playlists.
@zebraitis:

Profiles is designed to be used by users, not by use. In other words, people logging into XBMC. It sounds like you're using profiles to sort things that most of us use playlists/smart playlists for.
No I dont use profiles at all. Example, on my server I have directories for movies, hd movies, kid movies, etc. Would be nice to just set corresponding menu items, instead of seeing hd movies grouped with movies. Thats all I'm saying, and from reading these forums, it seems to be a common request.
(2012-04-09, 16:17)Me23 Wrote: No I dont use profiles at all. Example, on my server I have directories for movies, hd movies, kid movies, etc. Would be nice to just set corresponding menu items, instead of seeing hd movies grouped with movies. Thats all I'm saying, and from reading these forums, it seems to be a common request.

Sorry, that was directed at zebraitis :)

Regarding your request, that is indeed something that is being looked into. Some kind of dynamic system that would allow for any number of custom-type entries to the home screen that aren't just a playlist, but an actual "type" or filter. I don't know if something like that will be ready for v12, but there's big interest in improving that part of XBMC.
I would love native live tv/pvr support on both windows/linux
(2012-04-10, 03:44)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 16:17)Me23 Wrote: No I dont use profiles at all. Example, on my server I have directories for movies, hd movies, kid movies, etc. Would be nice to just set corresponding menu items, instead of seeing hd movies grouped with movies. Thats all I'm saying, and from reading these forums, it seems to be a common request.

Sorry, that was directed at zebraitis Smile

Regarding your request, that is indeed something that is being looked into. Some kind of dynamic system that would allow for any number of custom-type entries to the home screen that aren't just a playlist, but an actual "type" or filter. I don't know if something like that will be ready for v12, but there's big interest in improving that part of XBMC.

LOL, I was a little confused by that. I glad you guys are interested in improving that part of xbmc
Missing features for me:

- [Music] Disc number for songs. So small detail but such a big miss. In Library mode, it's impossible to play a multi-disc album in natural order.

- [Music] Support for more tags in songs, like Style,Mood,Theme (from AMG) and ability to use them for playlist selection. I have a large music collection (85000+ songs) and the simple category Genre is simply not enough. Most (80%) of my files are lossless wavpacks with standard and custom tags and I've spent countless hours to have them perfectly organized and tagged. But it's not easy to use it in XBMC.

- [PVR] Timeshifting in Live TV. It's great to see such progress to PVR front, hopefully this feature will land soon and I'll not have to switch to MythFrontend anymore.
(2012-04-04, 18:51)Shine Wrote:
(2012-03-31, 20:30)jpsdr Wrote: Ordered chapters.

Can't believe that this is the only request for ordered chapters on 4 pages. So here's another one. Ordered chapters.

Btw. did bambi73 ever release the source for his ordered chapters build (see the Hi10P thread)? If he did, then we'd almost be there. If he didn't, then... :-(

Yes I cant belive we still dont have Ordered Chapter support yet.
So make that three Nod
One feature if it isn't there already is the option to display video on my projector and have the rest of xbmc up on my other monitor if possible.
- External Audio tracks for movies. This is supported by most major media players
- Export/Import per movie settings like manually set Zoom Mode, Audio Track, Subtitle Track, etc.
- Abandon custom file extensions like .nfo and .tbn and call them what they are, .xml and .jpg (Yes, I know the .nfo can contain non-xml data, but there's no reason why things like IMDB links can't be moved to tags as well)
- Support merging scraped data and data defined in .nfo. This was the default behavior in Dharma and a clear="true" attribute was available if you didn't want to merge them. In Eden the default behavior was changed to this clear="true" behavior, but the attribute was removed so we no longer have the option to choose.
- Support for Audio Books split into multiple files by stacking the files and keeping track of your position.
hi would like the see the following

software:
blu ray menus
chapters
iso subtitles (small issues)

hardware:
xbmc mini-atx box + free t-shirt or mug

Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2012-04-12, 04:09)ph77 Wrote: Missing features for me:

- [Music] Disc number for songs. So small detail but such a big miss. In Library mode, it's impossible to play a multi-disc album in natural order.

Works just fine
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Multiple audio output.
(2012-04-03, 16:17)Tuxon86 Wrote: An easy way to add a title manually without the use of an external scrapper. A way to enter basic metadata and images link/file for home made video or one off TV recording for which there isn't any data available on any scrapper and no real interest in it to justify the creation of said data on TheTVdb or TheMoviedb.
It's called nfo files.

(2012-03-27, 08:14)TRaSH Wrote: Possible to make separate moviedb.
Kids/main movies not the cripled smartlist of profiles way.
That's still 1 big miss with xbmc where wmc+mb made it better with databases and entry points.
Look into:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/6910...37ec155f9c
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/903

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've searched different threads and have seen audio related postings such as "dual audio", "dual zone", "multiple audio output", etc. The one that initially perked my interest when I saw the title was dubbed "dual zone" but ended up not being what I thought it would be. Pretty much all the postings speak to outputting the same sound to multiple outputs at the same time in varying formats (i.e. as stereo thru analog outputs and surround thru the digial outputs at the same time).

I am quite new to the forums (i.e. this is my first posting) and haven't done an extensive search so what I am suggesting may have already been suggested and struck down for whatever reasons. However, I would like xbmc to support multi zone playback in the sense that someone can be watching a movie with surround in the one room while others are listening to music in another room using a single xbmc instance. My particular htpc has hdmi, optical and analog outputs. My home theater receiver supports dual zone. I would like to be able to pipe hdmi/optical thru zone 1 and at the same time pipe stereo analog thru zone 2. It would be nice to be able to start a music playlist in xbmc, pipe it thru the analog output and send it to zone 2 on my receiver and, at the same time, start a movie for the kids, pipe it thru the hdmi/optical output and play it thru zone 1 of my receiver. I would be offloading the video processing to the GPU which leaves plenty of processing power to decode my music (flac, mp3, ogg, etc.).

Another scenario would be to select, say, music playlist A and pipe it thru the analog output and, at the same time, select music playlist B and pipe it thru the hdmi/optical output.

Perhaps when playing music in both zones, visualizations can be toggled to apply against either zone 1 or 2. If your playing a video on a zone then the display would stay with that particular zone. For ease of initial programming perhaps zone 1 would be able to play videos or music and zone 2 would be locked to play music only. Hopefully I am making sense here.

Perhaps this already exists in some fashion thru xbmc and I just don't know how to do it. If so, by all means please educate me. Also, if this has been discussed elsewhere, can someone point me in the direction of the related posting?

Thanks! Smile
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?1