MySQL and Profiles
Hello,

Can we use multiple profiles with MySQL since the release of Eden? Thank you for any assistance.
Yes, but individual profiles can't share the library without sharing watched status.

You can also use profiles to point to different MySQL DBs by changing the <name> tag in the advancedsettings.xml file.

Hello,
I need to clarify what I was asking. I realized profiles could be interpreted as two different things. One as profiles on a computer and profiles in XBMC. In XBMC can you use different databases per profile? For example having multiple advancedsettings.xml files, one per profile. Is it even possible to have multiple advancedsettings.xml files? Thank you!
(2012-04-02, 15:10)m1975Michael Wrote: For example having multiple advancedsettings.xml files, one per profile. Is it even possible to have multiple advancedsettings.xml files? Thank you!
Yes, advancedsettings.xml is profile based - place separate ones in each profile's userdata folder.
If I might make a recommendation, the advancedsettings.xml wiki page should be updated so it clear states this information as it only says "The "advancedsettings.xml" file, which does not exist by default, may be created by a user in their "/userdata/" folder." This is confusing at least to me since when you create a new profile it creates a separate "/Profiles"" directory inside the /userdata/" directory but the "/Profiles"" directory does not contain a directory called the "/userdata/".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL and Profiles0