Touchscreen not working during playback on Acer W500
Hi have Eden installed on windows 8 and the touchscreen works great until something is playing im unable to pause or go back or do anything for that matter. Is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance
I am having the EXACT same issue with the exact same tablet, exact same XBMC version and operating system. Anyone find a solution for this? Nod
nobody of the devs has an windows touch screen device. Don't expect a fix.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
that is quite rediculous that they would offer a windows pc version, but not support all aspects of it. kinda a killer for me since we windows tablet users are segregated from the rest.
Well most of us won't buy any crappy windows touch hardware. So even if someone sticks one up my ass - i would need to be in a really good mood to work on that. Take it or leave it dude - we are doing this for our fun - not for yours.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I would agree that up until recently, windows touch hardware has not been very good. But now that win8 is coming, old hardware has new drivers and can do more. I'm running a dell inspiron duo and it performs sooooo much better now with win8. I would appreciate it if devs would continue to support pc's with touch. I am not an apple or android fan, seem either to simple (apple) or to busy (android).
I think it's only a matter of time before we have a Windows dev that wants to work on the feature and an affordable development device.
Ned volunteered Big Grin
If I get a free touch screen computer out of it, I'll gladly pretend to know how to program :D
Hi all,

I have an identical problem on an Acer W700. For some reason it stop accepting touch input during video playback. You can touch the screen to open the interface and when you touch a button, you can see a rings-in-the-water indication of the click being registered, but nothing happens. If you give a single click on an attached mouse, it reacts at the previous location of the mouse cursor. I have tried several different video file formats to see if it was a codec causing the problem, but all with the same result. I noticed that if you (using a mouse) go back to navigating around XBMC, the touch interface works fine, even though the video is still playing in the background. As soon as you click the "Full screen" button, touch stops reacting.

Everything works fine during audio playback and for all other purposes. I have tried the standard skin, the Touched skin and the re-Touched skin. I think it works really well using the re-touched skin, except for the video playback issue.

I am aware that you guys cannot be in possession of all devices available on the market and that many of you have a deep felt aversion towards OS' not named after cats or cakes Big Grin
I am however convinced that all of you are equipped with a great deal of curiosity and insight into the inner workings of XBMC. With the info of the issue only occurring during full screen video playback, I do hope that you can figure out what might trigger the lack of response in this single area of XBMC ...and hopefully you can come up with a fix.

Thx for a great piece of software, which has been the preferred interface on my HTPC since Eden came out. I would get significant WAF-credits if it could also work on the Acer W700 tablet!
Hi,

I'm having the same issue with a Dell touchscreen and the controls overlay during playback, strange enough it worked fine in older versions (eden), but with the nightly builds since probably somewhere late summer i've gotten the same issue. The frodo beta 3 doesn't change it either.
Also the slide-in menu on the left with the library settings etc. (confluence) is popping up with almost everything i do when using a touchscreen.
I'm using windows 8 btw, but with windows 7 i'm having the same problems.

Since windows devices with touchscreens are becoming more common thanks to windows 8 i hope someone has the time and the knowhow to look into it. Unfortunately programming is one of the things i'm not capable of, i've tried and failed miserably, else i would have done it myself.

After some searching and testing i found in another topic about this issue that the mouse cursor now resets to the lower left corner instead of just turning invisible at the spot it was last placed, this would prevent a touchscreen from functioning properly if it overrides the touchscreen input, that's what it seems to be doing.
Maybe there is an easy fix for this, and i'm available for testing.
+1, same issue here. I'm using XBMC Frodo RC3 and the touchscreen works beautifully however in the playback menus all the touch presses are just being ignored by XBMC. Mouse clicks are however registered.

I hope someone knows which setting to adjust to register touch presses in the playback menus.
I've done a little more investigating and I think I know the issue (just don't know how to code to fix it). During playback when the playback controls are brought up, XBMC does not emulate the touch presses as mouse movements. It seems to be set to ignore the initial touch presses whilst the playback controls are first displayed.

To get around this move your computers mouse and/or click somewhere on screen after the playback controls are displayed. After that the touch presses are correctly emulated as mouse clicks / mouse movements.

It seems that Windows version of XBMC is programmed to ignore initial touch presses upon initial display of playback controls. Can we change it so that it doesn't ignore the touch presses upon display of playback controls? Alternately, could we program a random movement of the mouse upon initial display of the playback controls so that it "wakes up" XBMC to correctly emulate touch presses as mouse movements/clicks.

I too am having the same issue here and tried many things to work around it, without success.

What about the touch-screen version of XBMC like on Android, could there be a touchscreen version for windows to use on tablets?

Btw, I have a W700-6691 running Windows 8.
(2013-01-08, 06:25)vietsoldier Wrote: I've done a little more investigating and I think I know the issue (just don't know how to code to fix it). During playback when the playback controls are brought up, XBMC does not emulate the touch presses as mouse movements. It seems to be set to ignore the initial touch presses whilst the playback controls are first displayed.

To get around this move your computers mouse and/or click somewhere on screen after the playback controls are displayed. After that the touch presses are correctly emulated as mouse clicks / mouse movements.

It seems that Windows version of XBMC is programmed to ignore initial touch presses upon initial display of playback controls. Can we change it so that it doesn't ignore the touch presses upon display of playback controls? Alternately, could we program a random movement of the mouse upon initial display of the playback controls so that it "wakes up" XBMC to correctly emulate touch presses as mouse movements/clicks.

Came to the exact same solution as me, even a little automated script that ran once the OSD came up in the video to mimic a small mouse movement would solve the issue i think. Not sure how to implement it though and can't think of any work arounds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touchscreen not working during playback on Acer W5000