Win Library issue in Eden
Not sure whether this is me or Eden having a problem:

1) I have a lot of DVDs that i've converted to ISOs and subsequently mounted in XBMC. This includes a bunch of TV series such as Black Adder. I like the idea of using the "Movies" function under the "Videos" menu to show movies with their titles, fan-art, and ratings, but the library lookup database is patchy at best on TV series on DVD. For example it finds Black Adder series 1 (the rubbish one), series 2, and the Blackadder Christmas Carol DVD, but doesn't find series 3 or 4. This, for some reason means the item disappears from the "Movies" list. I wouldn't have noticed it but for the Black Adder anomaly, as there's other TV series on DVD that have disappeared completely (Yes Minister, Yes Prime Minister, etc), and bizarrely it's found my box set of Fawlty Towers and marked it as the same thing 3 times in the library (so I have no clue which DVD is which!)

2) I understand from a bit of further digging that I could have a "TV Shows" link to rival the "Movies" link, which would be preferable, but I guess this is just for all those naughty people downloading TV series from the internet? rather than for those of us who have TV series on DVD/BluRay? Anyway, this is a moot point as my XBMC appears not to have any way of turning on this feature from any of the menus. The nearest I get to this is in System -> Settings -> Skin -> Home WIndow, where the option for "Hide - TV Shows (Videos-Library)" is greyed-out. How do I turn it on?

3) In the same skin settings page above, there's a radio button which says "'Videos' button always goes to video 'files'". This feels to me to be a workaround to my question in 1 above (as obviously the hidden 'movies' are available in the video files section), but it feels like it's the wrong solution, because by selecting that I get the missing media, but I then lose both the ratings but more importantly the very useful "collection" option.

4) My wife is from Eastern Europe. Almost none of her DVDs are recognised by the library lookup. I'd love the ability to have a selection of library lookups available and be able to pick from an amalgamate of the results.

Look forward to the replies,

Cheers,
Mike.

(sorry - forgot any debugging info - am running W7-64 Pro and Ultimate on 2 separate machines, both with Eden final release downloaded today.)
1/2. Set content for tvshows to... tvshows. Name the ISOs appropriately (eg s01e01e02e03.iso). It's for exactly this purpose.

4. There may be some scrapers available to suit whichever language the titles are in.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library issue in Eden0