Linux Mythtv:// Problems, stuttering, buffering HD OTA
Hi all,

I'm having problems getting hd ota recordings from my mythbox to play on any of my frontends. No matter what combination of hardware I try, I get stuttering on playback. The only cure is to hit the pause button, which I assume let's it buffer. I am using the latest releases on all platforms, all updated and retested today.

I have tested it on:
-i5 laptop, 6 gigs of ram / win7
-a older Pentium dual core laptop / ubuntu 11.10 / Intel onboard gfx
-Master backend, Phenom 7850 / gts520 / 4 gigs of ram htpc / 60 Gig SSD / 11.04 with mythbuntu repo's installed .24.2

The slave backend is a Athlon 5200 / 4 gigs of ram / pvr 250 / happauge 1250 / 11.04 with mythbuntu repo's installed .24.2

Both of the ubuntu boxes have mythfrontend install and play hd content responsibly well, unless there is dual recordings taking place. I can view hd recordings using Windows Media Player on the i5 without problems.

All testing was done using a wired network, using new dlink powerline dhp-306av adapters.

With the logging turned on, the message I'm seeing is: asked for new data packet, with nothing available; Pastebin http://pastebin.com/qzwSn0F4

**Edit: March 28/12**

I did some basic network testing with ipref. I'm getting around 50 Mbits/s with .00037% jitter. Network speeds don't seem to be the issue.

Pro
Please post a full debug log.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mythtv:// Problems, stuttering, buffering HD OTA0