Some music files not detected
Hello!

I have all my .FLAC files organized in folders and all manually tagged with Tag&Rename. All of them work correctly in XBMC, but for some reason, there's like 2-3 albums that XBMC doesn't detect.
I tried listening to the files with Winamp and it works perfectly. I had no error when tagging the albums in Tag&Rename. I tried modifying the tags with Mp3Tag, but I didn't work, I got a "file couldn't be opened for writing,". But all the tags seemed ok anyways so I really don't understand. I've been trying different things for hours, but no results...

Anyone else had that problem?

Thanks! Smile
If the tags don't show up in XBMC while browsing the files, then the tags are corrupt in some way.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-03-27, 07:20)jmarshall Wrote: If the tags don't show up in XBMC while browsing the files, then the tags are corrupt in some way.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Is there a way to fix that corrupt tags problem?
Sure, fix the files themselves. Based on past experience, foobar2000 is normally pretty reliable.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2012-03-27, 07:59)jmarshall Wrote: Sure, fix the files themselves. Based on past experience, foobar2000 is normally pretty reliable.

I don't know if I did it correctly, but I did a FLAC to FLAC conversion with my corrupt files, and the new files are working! Smile

Thanks!
Great Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some music files not detected0