Disable scraping for single video with nfo file
Is there a tag that I can put in an nfo file to make the scraper NOT go into imdb to download additional info not already found in the nfo file? According to the first result I found on google, it should be using an <id> tag and setting it to either -1 or 0, but I tried both and it flat out doesn't work. I have a home video that I've made an nfo file for with all the data that I care about (title, year, genre, director, plot, outline, rating), and for some insane reason, even though there is no URL in the file, Eden keeps attempting to download data from the closest matching title it can find on imdb. From everything I've read on the wiki, an nfo with just tags and no URL should cause the scaper to just use the data in the tags and not download any additional info.

I am going the the painful process of upgrading from two versions ago (9, I think... before Dharma?), and while I've done plenty of fresh installs with that version that went 100% smoothly because every video that I have has corresponding nfo, fanart, and poster files, this Eden version apparently doesn't perform scraping the same way as the previous version I was using, and seems to ignore imdb URLs in nfo files for random movies and retrieve data from the wrong imdb title. That's a separate issue, though, and right now I just want to figure out if there's a way to force it not to download anything when I have all the info I want in the nfo file.

I'm using the imdb scraper, with Eden 11.0 on win 7. Thanks for any help.
If everything is in the file, it won't go to imdb or tmdb. Similarly, if a URL is not in the .nfo file it won't.

Usually XBMC not reading a .nfo is due to scraping with the "Movies in separate folders named after the movie" set incorrectly.

In either case, the Debug Log details this quite nicely.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Enabling the "one movie per folder" setting fixed it, although I'm not sure why, since, while most of my folders do only have one video file, I have some containing multiple video files (the movie + DVD extras). And I'd think that as long as every video file has an identically-named .nfo file, the scraper would always find them.

It seems that with "one movie per folder" disabled, it simply takes each video file that is found, and goes straight to searching the imdb (or whatever site the selected scraper uses) and searches for a title with the file name, ignoring any .nfo files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable scraping for single video with nfo file0