Database vs. File Mode
Question 
Hi,

I am using XBMC for ... hmpf... well, I started on the old xBox and use it still, now on my Windows machine.

I yesterday updated to Eden and I am missing one menu entry very (very [really very]) badly:

When I have been in the database mode I could pretty quick switch to the file mode over a button in the menu. Same worked vice versa when I have been in file mode.

Is there a way to get this option back? Huh

Thx,
Christian
Sure, you can add a button if you like. All it would do is ActivateWindow(Videos,Files)

Files being just another node in the library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Is there a tutorial on how to do something like that?
Why did the option disappear in the first place anyhow?
Sure, you can do it by:

1. Adding a button to the skin with the <onclick> set to the activatewindow command above. Check for some skin tutorials.
2. Add a button to the keymap so you can switch to it directly from a press on your remote/keyboard.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

OK I will try that but why has this existing button be removed anyway? Right now it is very complicated/needs a lot of clicks to switch between database and files... that is not very handy and I am sure that I am not the only one using this particular option.

Or is it a thing with the Theme that the button disappeared and I have to ask there? I am using PM3.HD.
Because there's no difference whatsoever between "files" and "library", just like there's no difference between "movies" and "tv shows"

It makes things much easier for the new user.

Hm... but not every Movie is also in the Library. Maybe we talk about different things, not sure but I need both buttons. Especially since not every show/movie is found and added to the database
See Eden FAQ (wiki):

Quote:Instead of being "modes" they are now "views". You simply navigate to the library and "Files" rather than use a toggle.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database vs. File Mode0