Linux libnfs crashes on resume
I don't know if this has been reported because I can't search for NFS because it's 3 letters long.

Pause a movie on nfs. Resume. Crash.

xbmcbuntu Eden Final. Just installed it and got my stuff copied over.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
How long is the time between pausing and resuming? Beside that a xbmc.log + stacktrace might be interesting ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ooh) What you want
(Ooh) Baby, I got
(Ooh) What you need
(Ooh) Do you know I've got it
(Ooh) All I'm askin'

http://sprunge.us/TJfS

Full debug log is available it's just screwy with sprunge.

And it's... anytime from a little while to that much longer. I can do a 'scientific' study if you'd like.
Code:
Now it's just not after pausing. Now it's crashing in the middle of watching stuff.

Code:
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Core was generated by `/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x03c00d31 in rpc_allocate_pdu () from /usr/lib/libnfs.so.0
Code:
Anything else I can look into? I haven't changed anything server side and I can barely make it through a TV show now sometimes. Never, ever had a problem with it crashing before. And I moved away from my own home rolled Sid/XBMC setup to XBMCBuntu to avoid any 'problems'.
Code:
mhh don't see this on xbmc running on ubuntu ( self built ) - you got your old installation around without xbmcbuntu?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
might be still some strange build issues with xbmcbuntu when it works on your old setup...
Nope, I blew it away. I'm running OpenELEC dual boot. Their latest nightly is based on 14Feb09 Git (If I'm reading this right), it doesn't have the problem. So something since then.

OpenELEC-Generic.i386-devel-20120322044918-r10254.tar.bz2
Code:
Thats the day we built eden. Guess its the same code state as XBMCbuntu. I didn't change anything in nfs since months. So its very likly a build issue *sigh*.
Mhh looks good as of the build log i've found for xbmcbuntu. Do you have tried with files smaller then 4GB and smaller then 2GB for getting a feeling if its related to somthing like 64bit or big seek offsets or so.
That was built the same day as Eden final but the code is from and older Git. (If I'm reading the info page correctly).

I was also running Git on my own Debian setup all the way through near final but because I had the stupid "will only run in GDB" bug I decided to go with XBMCs official "Solution".

And I've only been watching TV shows on it which are all 300-500MB, so no problems with file size.
Code:
As of the buildlog i found the git rev they used for libnfs is correct. You could try to get xbmc's source, apt-get remove the libnfs0 (or libnfs or what it was called), and build the libnfs out of our xbmc tree - adapt the lib/libnfs/Makefile to configure with the option "--prefix=/usr" and do make -C lib/libnfs && sudo make -C lib/libnfs install. This should build the libnfs lib as i do ˜though i'm still on 10.04) and puts it into /usr/lib (you should remove it afterwards when you want to go back to the apt package).

Sorry i can't be more of help here atm but i'm still sick of that packaging issues we had before eden release and am a bit demotivated now to hear that eden nfs support is broken on xbmcbuntu Sad. libnfs seems to be a little bitch on some plattforms...
Scratch that, OpenELEC just died 4 times while trying to watch a movie.

Code:
22:44:09 T:1918233408   DEBUG: NFS: Old context timed out - destroying it
22:44:09 T:1918233408   DEBUG: NFS: Context for server.local/tank/Movies not open - get a new context.
22:44:09 T:1918233408   DEBUG: NFS: Connected to server server.local and export /tank/Movies
22:44:09 T:1918233408   DEBUG: NFS: chunks: r/w 1048576/1048576

It doesn't make a GDB dump but these are the last few lines from all of the debug log files. I've been using NFS pretty much since the beginning and never had problems.
Code:
Getting similar problem on RPi openELEC. (latest git build)

Scanning a huge (500GB) music library (NFS), while playing music crashes with error posted by darkscout. Just playing music seems to work fine. Just scanning library sometimes crash, sometimes not.
seems to be a weird error.

Another xbmc on gentoo x64 is working fine. But this one is using nfs4, which is not available on openELEC.

any news on this?

@darkscout: did you report this to openELEC devs anywhere?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libnfs crashes on resume0