Change dark background on Music Media Info view
Smile 
Hi guys,

The Media Info view in Artist-Albums has 2 dark background panels that I think the purpose is to make the text more readable. How can I remove them? or make them almost transparent? My fanarts are usually dark enough, and I'd like to see them behind the text Smile

I've looked inside Confluence ViewMusicLibrary.xml, but could not tell where these background panels are! where can I find them?

Thanks
Easiest way is to add
Code:
<colordiffuse>BBFFFFFF</colordiffuse>
to the ContentPanel Control in "IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml"

Like this
Code:
<control type="group">
                <include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
                <visible>Control.IsVisible(504) | Control.IsVisible(550) | Control.IsVisible(512)</visible>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>50</posx>
                    <posy>60</posy>
                    <width>640</width>
                    <height>600</height>
                    <texture border="15">ContentPanel.png</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>50</posx>
                    <posy>652</posy>
                    <width>640</width>
                    <height>64</height>
                    <texture border="15">ContentPanelMirror.png</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>700</posx>
                    <posy>60</posy>
                    <width>530</width>
                    <height>600</height>
                    <texture border="15">ContentPanel.png</texture>
                </control>

Then it looks like this:

NOTE: This will change all panels in media info view...

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-03-27, 10:20)bodhi Wrote: Hi guys,

The Media Info view in Artist-Albums has 2 dark background panels that I think the purpose is to make the text more readable. How can I remove them? or make them almost transparent? My fanarts are usually dark enough, and I'd like to see them behind the text Smile

I've looked inside Confluence ViewMusicLibrary.xml, but could not tell where these background panels are! where can I find them?

Thanks

Look for the file IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml and near the bottom is an include called "ContentPanelBackgrounds" The image called ContentPanel.png is the background, To find the one you want you need the ID number of the view eg 50 for common list then find the ContentPanel that has Control.IsVisible(50) in its section to make them more transparent ad the following command <colordiffuse>AAFFFFFF</colordiffuse> just above the image eg

PHP Code:
<control type="group">
                <include>
VisibleFadeEffect</include>
                <
visible>Control.IsVisible(50)</visible>
                <
control type="image">
                    <
posx>50</posx>
                    <
posy>60</posy>
                    <
width>750</width>
                    <
height>600</height>

<
colordiffuse>AAFFFFFF</colordiffuse>

<
texture border="15">ContentPanel.png</texture>
                </
control>
                <
control type="image">
                    <
posx>50</posx>
                    <
posy>652</posy>
                    <
width>750</width>
                    <
height>64</height>
                    <
texture border="15">ContentPanelMirror.png</texture>
                </
control>
            </
control

AAFFFFFF is the value I use in Convergence you could also try 2FFFFFFF , 48FFFFFF , 5FFFFFFF , 78FFFFFF , 8FFFFFFF , A8FFFFFF , BFFFFFFF , DFFFFFFF etc. and find the value you prefer

Noli illegitimi carborundum

Thanks mad-max & Mudislander! really appreciate the instruction. Will try that.
I like seeing the fanart and like many others changed the transparency (to 77FFFF) using the directions above. Thanks.

Taking it one step further, I decreased the width of the ContentPannel to 250 for the TV Seasons in Big List view.

Question 1: Could you point me to where I would change the width of the bars and placement of the check marks in order to match the new width of the contentpanel? See screenshot:

Question 2, different scenerio: On the Confluence movie browser, fanart view, I would like to reduce the fanart size so it is not obstructed by the covers (thumbnails at the bottom). This would be similar to Back Row skin fanart view. If this can be done, could you point me to correct place? See screen shot from Back Row skin:

BTW, I do not want the media info.

Thanks very much.
Question 1 - That view is in ViewsFileMode.xml and is the include called "FullWidthList" you need to adjust the images in the <itemlayout> and <focusedlayout>
Play around with them by commenting them out <!-- --> and you'll see which is what.

Question 2 Can be done, little more work. Try Q1 first and when you're ready give me a shout Smile

Done! You've given me enough info to be dangerous. For anyone trying to do similar, these are the changes to the ViewsFileMode.xml file:

line 427 width from 1080 to 200 (changes lines between season).
line 486 position from 1050 to 190 (changes most check marks for watched seasons).
line 507 width from 1080 to 200 (changes the blue highlight bar).
line 576 position from 1050 to 190 (changes the watched check mark for the highlighted season).

Take your time on Q2. I appreciate the help whenever you can.

TV Seasons in Big List (with changes above):
Not bad Smile

Re Q2

I think the easiest for you to do it is edit the file "IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml" look for "CommonVideoBackground" right near the top then find the single image control underneath the multiimage

Code:
<control type="image">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
            <include>backgroundfade</include>
            <fadetime>FanartCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideBackGroundFanart) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image))</visible>
            <include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
        </control>

Copy the whole control and paste it right underneath so now you have 2 single image controls in "CommonVideoBackground"

Then on your new image change the <visible> control to include !Control.IsVisible(508)

Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideBackGroundFanart) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)) + !Control.IsVisible(508)</visible>

This will now showup in all views as before except the fanart view, now on the top view we need to change the size and visible condition
The height will need to be made smaller eg <height>485</height>
The visible condition so that it only shows in fanart view
Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideBackGroundFanart) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)) + Control.IsVisible(508)</visible>

You may need to add a black image or something to the bottom of the screen as other images may be now visible when the row of poster does not reach the end, you can play around with this but as a starting point make another image just on top of the one we've just edited

Code:
<control type="image">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>485</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>235</height>
            <texture background="true">HomeSubNF.png</texture>
            <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(508)</visible>
        </control>

That should do it for videos, I haven't tested it so may need some adjustments. Also you'll have to do the same for the music section "CommonMusicBackground"which is right below the video section.

Change it as above except that the view number is now 509 not 508

Q1: - I declared success too quickly. The changes to id=51 apply to both the TV Show seasons screen as well as the episodes screen. I have not been able to find a way to exclude the changes from the episodes screen. Suggestions?

Q2: - Smashing success! Please see the original and new screenshots below.

Original:

New:

My apologies to the confluence designers. The slider is very nice but I wanted to reclaim the screen area.

This invloved changes to three files: IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml, ViewsVideoLibrary.xml, and MyVideoNav.xml.

IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml

As you suggested, I needed to create a new fanart image that applied only to Movies (508), not TV. The code (new and changed) is:
Code:
       <control type="image">
           <posx>0</posx>
           <posy>0</posy>
           <width>1280</width>
           <height>720</height>
           <texture background="true">HomeSubNF.png</texture>
           <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>147</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>986</width>
            <height>555</height>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideBackGroundFanart) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)) + !Control.IsVisible(508)</visible>
        </control>

ViewsVideoLibrary.xml

line 290 changed posy of titles to 140.
line 330 changes posy of thumbnails to 95
lines 339-347 deleted. This eliminated the darkening of the thumbnails.
line 363 posy changed to 77 for focused thumbnail
lines 392-407 deleted scrollbar to recover screen space.

MyVideoNav.xml

line 25 deleted to eliminate the PageCount
lines 219-238 deleted to eliminate the tab and label for "Title" at the top of the movie screen.
Added lines to exclude the tab and label for "Video" from the movie browser page. Added after the original lines 249 and 254.
Code:
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(508)</visible>

Re Q1 - One way could be adding "Container.Content(seasons)" to your <visible> control then that image would only show up when in seasons, you'd have to duplicate the image for everything else - much like for Q2 don't forget to add <visible>!Container.Content(seasons)........ so it doesn't show in Seasons.

Re Q2 you may get away with streching the fanart to reach the edges, unless you prefer it with the proper aspect ratio Smile

<visible>Container.Content(seasons)</visible> and
<visible>!Container.Content(seasons)</visible>
did the trick. Now TV Seasons and TV Episodes can be changed independently. Thank you very much. That concludes Q1 and Q2.

This is pretty nit-picky and probably not worth your time, but... The "go up one level" (..) at the top of each list (seasons and episodes) uses the default background rather than fanart. If you know (without too much work) where to look, I will change that as well. I looked in vain.
You could try adding the following image just before the end of CommonVideoBackground

Code:
<control type="image">
     <posx>0</posx>
     <posy>0</posy>
     <width>1280</width>
     <height>720</height>
     <texture background="true">$INFO[Fanart.Image]</texture>
     <visible>Container.Content(Seasons) | Container.Content(Episodes)</visible>
</control>

Actually you may want to tighten up the visibility as the example is pretty loose, you could try adding another visible statement under the suggested one
Code:
<visible>StringCompare(ListItem.label,..) + !IsEmpty(Fanart.Image)</visible>

Thanks again. It works after removing the extra f in </ffadetime>. Apparently, the transient display of the the default background is not easily avoidable. No problem.

Other loose ends:
- I use thumbnail view for the music library and did not change view number 509 as suggested.
- I do like to keep the fanart aspect ratio, hence do not stretch to fit the width of the screen. That would look pretty bad on 4:3 fanart.
(2012-04-03, 21:33)MediaPlayerFan Wrote: New:

Looks a bit like my MOD:

BTW: Good work! Looks pretty cool...Focused on the main things Cool
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change dark background on Music Media Info view1