Win Organizing TV according to series name
I've been using Windows Media Center 7 until now with the add-on TVLibrary.

My TV shows come down automatically using Vuze (with RSS feeds) and land in a folder called "To Watch".

Once in a while, I sit down in front of my computer and organize the TV shows into the appropriate folders.

Now in TVLibrary in WMC7, it didn't matter where the TV show was. So if downloaded the Good Wife season 3 episode 19, it first arrived in the To Watch folder and then later I would manually move it to a folder structure -> seasons>The Good Wife-->season 3 etc.

But as soon as it downloaded and before I moved it to the correct place, TVLibrary would download all the relevant info.

In XBMC the only way that I can see it organized nicely is if I first move it to the correct location Sad.

Is there a 3rd party piece of software (and there must be!) that can poll a folder and automatically organize the TV shows based on their names?[/i]
Yes it is. I would recommend Sickbeard for handling download, moving, update lib in xbmc etc.

However if you dont want to use it for some weird reason you can use the renamer.
what is the "renamer"?
also can I useSickbeard just to relocated files?
(2012-03-27, 11:01)raphaelfreeman Wrote: what is the "renamer"?

therenamer

Yes, i use sickbeard for downloading notify xmbc and move the file where xbmc can pick it up. The files them selfs are not renamed, just are just moved as is. However sickbeard moves the files to showname and dont use a season folder.

thank you. both programs were very useful!
(2012-03-27, 11:15)hellow Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 11:01)raphaelfreeman Wrote: what is the "renamer"?

therenamer

Yes, i use sickbeard for downloading notify xmbc and move the file where xbmc can pick it up. The files them selfs are not renamed, just are just moved as is. However sickbeard moves the files to showname and dont use a season folder.
Sickbeard will use season folders if you tell it to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Organizing TV according to series name1