PVR
PVR would be great.

Quartz not supporting PVR is one of the main reasons I haven't switch to XBMC PVR builds yet. Smile

I don't know how much all the PVR Stuff depends on the Skin, but PVR with confluence is not very intuative i think.
My girlfriend for example would never use/accept it. If you could change the PVR stuff (if possible with a skin) to be as intuitive as the rest of you skin, that would really be a huge gain.
I could use a few suggestions as to how to make it more user friendly. I will comment from a technical go/non-go point of view.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Ok sure.
So far I've tried the PVR builds a few times, but I always switch back to standard XBMC + standalone set-top box after a few hours. I'll give it another shot and post the things that I don't like.
looking good!
you can ask anything you need.
Very recognizeble what phil said. Im a enigma2 user and on the edge of making an all in one xbmc with tv
Headend. What i wish i could see in pvr

in tv channels overview like above screenshot
- good readable clock of current time, bigger font
- a progressbar for current program running on every channel

When watching a channel, info must give progressbar of channel and whats on next, with option to get info from runnin program (transparency has a good pvr concept on this one)
I dislike hitting menu going to channels and then seeing the channels. If its possible, 1 button or shorter way to get to channellist. Could be same layout as above but only the list then.

Been playin with plex yesterday and i like the more alround enabled fanart integration of the next skin that kinda looks like yours. Its not all the apple way but heck we are the users so we know usability.

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...1-simplex/

So.. This is it for now. LOVE your skin and your hard work !
Excellent the only things missing for me with this skin are Movie Wall View (which i understand is coming) and PVR.

Once PVR support is added I can dump my third party web controlled one.
This skin looks great. Can't wait to try it with my PVR setup.

One thing I'd like to see with the PVR setup is a move away from the channel lists and towards centralising the EPG to emulate the way a sky box (or similar) functions.
i.e on the home screen where movies, tv shows, music etc are you have a Live TV button and beneath it in the drop down box you have your channel categories ie. movies, general entertainment, news, music, sports etc. When you click one of the categories you are taken directly to the EPG for that category where the appropriate channels are listed along with the all the now & next info.

Let me know what you think! Also, happy to test anything for you and supply screenshots etc.
Thanks for suggestions everybody. Not everything is possible to do but I will see what can be done.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi

My xbmc setup is running with full PVR support so if you would like me to test your skin for you, let me know
Trying to find some time to finish up OSD controls. After that I'll probably push it to git.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

it would be very nice to have the timers on the main screen, somewhere in the header (top) or bottom. it's all i'm missing in this wonderful skin and many other skins. the standard skin (confluence) has the best pvr support. especialy @ the main screen (main menu) with a nice info about actual recordings and upcoming recordings (timers). would be very nice to have this info @ the main screen of this skin. sorry for my bad english and keep on the good work with this skin. Smile
Hi pecinko

ive updated your skin to include the live tv bit but i think this sit on its on section of the main menu, not a submenu of addins

just my 2 pence, other than that we get a few crashes while opening up the epg but that may be my system, dunno.
(2012-06-02, 10:33)Steverae Wrote: Hi pecinko

ive updated your skin to include the live tv bit but i think this sit on its on section of the main menu, not a submenu of addins

just my 2 pence, other than that we get a few crashes while opening up the epg but that may be my system, dunno.

I'd have to agree - same as confluence....
then sub menus for recordings, epg, etc below...
It may be guys, but then we are talking about home page redesign as it will not fit otherwise.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Maybe it could just continue scrolling to the right so that XBMC menu gets pushed off screen but is still accessible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR0