PVR Development Wishlist
My personal wishlist for further PVR development would be:

- Integrate LiveStreams (video add-on) and LiveTV (i.e. TV can come from multiple sources, not only VDR)
- Better Bouquet Handling
- PIP
- Better EPG (e.g. display now and next when surfing through channels)
- EPG Scraper
- Timeshift handled in XBMC (recordings should stay in backend)
- Twitter and Facebook Messages displayed during TV
- Listen to Music while Picture is TV

...just dreaming Wink

I totaly agree on your first point. I have some TV programs as RTMP streams which i would like to include into the TV channels list... is there a way to do this?

Another thing i think is realy annoying: When you select Live TV from the main menu i want the TV to start! For now the side menu appears, where i select channels list or something then i select a channel and then i have to click once more to make it fullscreen. This is not necessary since the thing you mostly want is simply watch TV Wink
(2012-03-30, 01:59)Hasu0bs Wrote: Another thing i think is realy annoying: When you select Live TV from the main menu i want the TV to start! For now the side menu appears, where i select channels list or something then i select a channel and then i have to click once more to make it fullscreen. This is not necessary since the thing you mostly want is simply watch TV Wink

Its on feature request:
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/issues/210
(2012-03-28, 22:17)Nirvana Wrote: My personal wishlist for further PVR development would be:

- Integrate LiveStreams (video add-on) and LiveTV (i.e. TV can come from multiple sources, not only VDR)

We can do that already,
Just need to edit the xml config file of the "PVR Demo Addon".
The hard part is to put the EPG into that file...
We need something to convert the xmltv files to the format that the pvr demo addon uses and associate the channel ids to the epg data. I tried to do that but my python coding skills aren't that good...
What about "picture in picture" feature? In this case, xbmc should subscribe 2 channels from backend and display both. Also I agree: timeshift will be great.

In my opinion, timeshift and picture in picture are last two basic faetures still missing in xbmc and present in any digital tv. I suggest to add this to your todo list.
(2012-03-28, 22:17)Nirvana Wrote: - Timeshift handled in XBMC (recordings should stay in backend)

Agreed I would love to have timeshift it the only real thing missing for me. Here hoping this will be the next big feature.

I managed to change the refocus skin to allow a very basic now and next, see my PVR setup post for a video

Neil

(2012-03-31, 13:51)xxxnelly Wrote:
(2012-03-28, 22:17)Nirvana Wrote: - Timeshift handled in XBMC (recordings should stay in backend)

Agreed I would love to have timeshift it the only real thing missing for me. Here hoping this will be the next big feature.

I managed to change the refocus skin to allow a very basic now and next, see my PVR setup post for a video

Neil
I totally agree I use tvheadend and it´s so easy to set up but I really miss timeshift. I don´t have the skills to help, but if it would help I can donate some money?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Development Wishlist0