• 2(current)
Eden PVR builds
Hi, can I upgrade my XBMCBuntu install to a PVR build without a complete re-install of the OS? If so what are the steps? I am new to Linux, its a steep learning curve and I have just got everything set up nicely on the OS side of things and want to try PVR as I have canned my SKY+HD sub!

Thanks
@Rymmarn:
that's the latest build

@_James_:
click on the link in my sig. no need to reinstall
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Hi there everyone,
this is my first post in the XBMC forum.
Got the PVR version working with DTS-TVheadend. (couldn't get your build to work TVheadend 2.12.99 Git)
Anyway wow is all I can say it is fabulous.
Using Mint 11 with a DTV2000 TV card (which can be a pain in the .....) The only thing for me to check now is the remote etc. Left that at another house lol.
Had a little bit of trouble but now all's fine.
Is there any chance of being able to also incorporate Me-TV into this?
Will there be more TV PVR applications added or is Myth VDR and TVheadend it for now ?

Why Me-TV I found it so easy to setup it's very lightweight and works quite well with my card too.

What is the difference between your TVheadend build and the Ubuntu 2.12 version?
Anyway keep up the Great work !!

I will be testing this out over the Easter break as I have a HUGE Music/Video/Photo server setup.

On first scan all the extra info and Fanart etc showed up and so fast. So much better than anything else I have used.

Wonderful!!!

Cheers
Kazzamozz
to upgrade my eden to pvr build on xbmcbuntu, do i just run sudo apt-get update?
yes, sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade (update only updates your local package db, upgrade upgrades the actual packages)

@Kazzamozz
I assume me-tv is another backend? then someone needs to write an add-on for it that interfaces with it.
My tvheadend will contain some patches that are not in the standard repos.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Hi, I have been a solid user of MediaPortal backend (X1) and front ends (X3) for the past 4 years, absolutely loved it. But I have grown more and more fond of Linux so wanted to try / experiment with other backends and front ends.
I really like the look and feel of XBMC but obviously need live TV, I'm in the UK using DVB-T and DVB-S / S2, I have a Pinacle 7010ix and an Technotrend S2-3200, 5 tuners in total, just all the free stuff.

1. So with this build of XBMC what is the best backend to use?
2. I head that pause, rewind, etc does not work yet?

Any advice and tips greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.
(2012-04-06, 17:17)dushmaniac Wrote: yes, sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade (update only updates your local package db, upgrade upgrades the actual packages)

thanks man.
speedyrazor:
1) that's a personal preference. for linux vdr and tvheadend provide the most features, and for windows that's mptv
2) correct
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

I am currently using Openelec PVR build on my Acer Revo 3600 (single core CPU) with MediaPortal as a backend on a Windows 7 32bit server. I have a generic USB DVB-T stick attached to the server. The PVR service is MediaPortal. Everything is connected via LAN. Currently, channel switching takes about 10 seconds on first enabling the tuner, and another 5 to 6 seconds when switching channels.

My question; what is the weak link causing the slow channel changing? The tuner itself? The mediaportalserver, or the revo's CPU speed? Would I get better results attaching the tuner directly to the Revo with tvheadend as the backend? But then, can I share the tuner with other devices on my network? And is the revo up to the job?

I'm in the process of getting a DVB-S2 USB tuner to hook up to my retired Sky+ Digital satellite, so I'd like to have everything setup "best practice" if I can.

Thanks a mill
(2012-04-07, 10:17)dushmaniac Wrote: speedyrazor:
1) that's a personal preference. for linux vdr and tvheadend provide the most features, and for windows that's mptv
2) correct

Hi, thanks for the info. I have read your other posts about time shifting, are you saying it is not something you miss or use?
I constantly use pause, rewind, etc, always miss what someone says so rewind it to check, and pause to make a coffee, etc.
I really like the look and feel of XBMC but can't see myself using it without time shifting as it's such an integral part of having a Media Centre.
In terms of features MediaPortal has it all, but lacks the fluidity and multi platforms that XBMC offers.
With the impending release of Raspberry PI I would love to use this excellent little unit for all my front ends using openelec.

Kind regards.
I have just installed the windows version "Eden-pvr update 1 (build 73)" but when I execute it fails because does not find the library d3dx9_42.dll.

The version "Eden-pvr final - build 72" does not have this problem and works fine.
could you try installing it and keep the "directx" checkbox checked when installing. which windows version are you using?
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Hi dushmaniac,

what's the difference between your tvheadend version (tvheadend_2.12.99~pulse-6) and this one at github?

Is there any pvr build with a enigma2 in xbmc with full integration. e² is a full working stb gui, in C and phyton.
(2012-04-08, 11:44)fns76 Wrote: Is there any pvr build with a enigma2 in xbmc with full integration. e² is a full working stb gui, in C and phyton.

see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125232

Sorry for my english, I use google translate.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden PVR builds1