• 3(current)
Eden PVR builds
(2012-04-08, 10:09)dushmaniac Wrote: could you try installing it and keep the "directx" checkbox checked when installing. which windows version are you using?

The directx checkbox is checked by default. The version is Windows 7.
I just installed 11.1 PVR on Windows and I get DirectX too old error when running XBMC.
odd. I'll schedule a rebuild
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
This evening, I upgraded my Ubuntu version of XBMC with the latest from http://packages.pulse-eight.net/. I deleted the Addons*.db, TV*.db and Epg*.db files before restarting my box. Unfortunately, when I enable the MediaPortal add-on, or reboot the system with the add-on enabled, my system crashes. An inspection of the crash log and the xbmc log files reveals no information. According to the logs, everything seems to be running smoothly.

System profile:
XBMC (2:11.0-pvr+p8~git2012) running on Ubuntu Oneiric 64
MediaPortal PVR Client (1.2.2.111)

MediaPortal Server 1.2.2.0 running on Windows 7 64
MediaPortal TVServerXBMC 1.2.2
With the final of eden now out, i finally upgraded to the pvr branch and take full advantage of my tvheadend install, enabled the addon and everything worked, very nice. I used the install script provided on my xbmc-live install on maverick, both the garage pc and lounge media pc updated perfectly no issues.

I'm now just waiting on my Sundtek DVB-S2 to arrive and move pay tv to the media center also. I currently use their DVB-T for freeview and its easy to configure and use..

A good source for tv guide xml data would be nice though the current one misses a lot of C4 programing. currently using http://nzepg.org/

Now to migrate to MySQL to keep both media pc's in sync.
I setup the TVServerXBMC debug version and have confirmed that XBMC is able to connect to the MediaPortal server. According to the debug console, the software versions seem to be compatible. The TV server replies with what appears to be configuration information at which point XBMC dies without logging any messages to the XBMC log.
(2012-04-11, 22:25)redstorm Wrote: A good source for tv guide xml data would be nice though the current one misses a lot of C4 programing. currently using http://nzepg.org/

I find TVHeadend using the RadioTimes TV grabber seems to be pretty complete. A bit slow to update, but very comprehensive. I just configured my server with a Dual DVB S2 card this weekend and it works a treat.
I'm getting an odd situation - I'm running XBMC-PVR-Eden-11.1 (XBMC 11.0 Git:20120402-7f6c694) on HTPC and Laptop (both running Win 7 64bit SP1) with Media Portal 1.2.2.0 & TVServerXBMC 1.2.2.112 on HTPC as backend. Initially I was getting error messages saying that my version of TVServerXBMC was too old on my HTPC but this corrected itself after I again stopped the tvserver service and copied over the plugin dll file for a second time and clean installed xbmc. Now I'm getting the same error on Laptop and even after reinstalling xbmc it persists. Is there a newer version of the TVServerXBMC.dll plugin available somewhere that I don't know about as I'm sure I have the latest?

Thanks in advance for any help
Thanks for providing these packages!

I am just setting up a new HTPC, and I wanted to install Ubuntu Precise, since that’s an LTS.

Do you plan to publish packages for Precise? Do you already know when these might be available?
I think that oneiric packages should work just fine (I haven't tested myself, but usually when there are no major library updates, everything works OK). They should be available soon after the official release though.
ntadej, thanks for the reply. In fact, I did try the oneiric packages, but they failed to install due to dependency issues. I ended up with precise’s own packages, but they obviously don’t contain PVR.

Okay, I guess I’ll have to wait for the precise release then and hope there’ll be xbmc-pvr builds then.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) is not supported when installing through http://packages.pulse-eight.net/ ?

Any way to force an installation on 12.04?

BTW: I assume these are build with --enable-libbluray. Correct?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1093535
Has anyone had any success running the MediaPortal with XBMC using the following system configuration?

XBMC (2:11.0-pvr+p8~git2012) running on Ubuntu Oneiric 64
MediaPortal PVR Client (1.2.2.111)

MediaPortal Server 1.2.2.0 running on Windows 7 64
MediaPortal TVServerXBMC 1.2.2

XBMC crashes every time I enable the PVR client. XBMC does not log any error messages when it crashes and the debug output of MediaPortal shows that a request/response interaction occurred without any errors.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide me with some ideas of where to continue my investigation and/or what systems they have used where MediaPortal works with XBMC.

Thanks,

grooter
Hi Grooter,

I hadn't tried out a PVR build for over a year, but thought I'd give it a go last week to see how the development was going - so thought I'd post my findings to see if it helps in any way.

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit and installed Mediaportal 1.2.3 Final (available here)

I followed the TV Setup guide (found here) to scan for channels etc...

I installed Magro's PVR Build (found here) and I downloaded the TV Server Plugin (found here) - both of these have been updated today, so the ones I installed were actually the previous versions. The TVServerXBMC.dll file needs to be copied and pasted into the plugins directory of the mediaportal folder - full instructions can be found here

I completed the instructions from Magro's page and was up and running.

The main issue I had, which was completely down to the Mediaportal software, was finding certain HD channels - I had to put in the single transponder details for it to find them, but once I'd done that all worked fine.

I was actually pretty pleased with the results - the picture quality was good, especially, as you'd expect, the HD channels. I didn't realise that you could pause live TV - I'd assumed that the lack of forward/rewind functions also meant no pausing, so this was great to have. The recordings system worked well, even without the ability to series record.

I didn't have any crashes or issues watching or recording TV, my only issues were with the channel list - I was led to believe that if you unchecked channels in the mediaportal configuration software and reorganised the order of the channels, this is how it would display in XBMC. This wasn't the case, so I had over 700 channels in no obvious order, most of which I didn't want. The best way I found to organise them was to actually delete the unwanted channels in the Mediaportal configuration software (you can delete all the scrambled channels in one go) and then re-order in XBMC. This worked, although sometimes when I went back in, the channel order was messed up again, but went out and back in and all was fine. The issue with this solution is when it comes to re-scan for channels, that I would imagine one does every now and again - the deleted channels will then show up again.

So, there's definitely some improvements to be done, but it's loads better and more stable than this time last year - my worry is that some of these improvements, that are needed, may be with the Mediaportal software, rather than the XBMC PVR builds.

Ultimately, I've reverted to WMC for my TV viewing and recording for the time being, mainly due to the lack of series record and partly timeshifting. Unfortunately, I couldn't leave Mediaportal on my machine, as it somehow interferred with the channel signal in WMC, even though I'd turned off the TV Service, so have had to uninstall completely, but I will defintely try again in a few months.

Keep up the good work Magro and Dushmaniac, not sure if my post has helped Grooter or not, but certainly I didn't have any crashes when enabling the PVR client - I used Aeon MQ3 for testing
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden PVR builds1