• 4(current)
Eden PVR builds
(2012-04-26, 16:52)-EaS- Wrote: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) is not supported when installing through http://packages.pulse-eight.net/ ?

Any way to force an installation on 12.04?

BTW: I assume these are build with --enable-libbluray. Correct?

Did you figure something out for 12.04, I had a working 11.10 build that I upgraded yesterday (back-up machine that I am replacing hardware in) so I thought I would try the upgrade. It all went fine and the last pulse xbmc build works fine as it was already installed but yes the ppa gets disabled. Alexander Surkov has a ppa for 12.04 with pvr but I was not sure to try it. I am not sure I will stay on 12.04 yet as i am running mythbuntu on my frontends with a .24 myth backend and my vdr server runs on that machine as well which is 10.04 and database .24. It means I will need to build a new backend machine as well. Not to into that right now.

http://www.loggn.de/ubuntu-xbmc-reposito...vr-livetv/

thx,

Dave
not sure if this is a false positive or not, but magros pvr eden v2 link gets deleted by symantec endpoint and says contains "ws.reputation.1" signiture, and has known about this threat for previous 48 hrs.:-(

Dam0
(2012-05-04, 12:43)rodercot Wrote:
(2012-04-26, 16:52)-EaS- Wrote: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) is not supported when installing through http://packages.pulse-eight.net/ ?

Any way to force an installation on 12.04?

BTW: I assume these are build with --enable-libbluray. Correct?

Did you figure something out for 12.04, I had a working 11.10 build that I upgraded yesterday (back-up machine that I am replacing hardware in) so I thought I would try the upgrade. It all went fine and the last pulse xbmc build works fine as it was already installed but yes the ppa gets disabled. Alexander Surkov has a ppa for 12.04 with pvr but I was not sure to try it. I am not sure I will stay on 12.04 yet as i am running mythbuntu on my frontends with a .24 myth backend and my vdr server runs on that machine as well which is 10.04 and database .24. It means I will need to build a new backend machine as well. Not to into that right now.

http://www.loggn.de/ubuntu-xbmc-reposito...vr-livetv/

thx,

Dave

I ended up using ppa:alexandr-surkov/xbmc-pvr indeed. I also made a test install on 11.10 with xbmc-pvr/tvheadend from the pulse-8 repo.
There were no differences in functionality or stability as far as I can tell, besides that playing bluray's doesn't work in the surkov version.

Is it possible to install a eden-pvr build on ATV2?
I would like to use this build on debian, but instead of standard source for apt there is some script which doesn't work on debian. Can you provide apt address?
(2012-05-06, 21:31)Marx1 Wrote: I would like to use this build on debian, but instead of standard source for apt there is some script which doesn't work on debian. Can you provide apt address?

If I remember correctly: after using the script I ended up with a repository entry. With that I mean that the installed packages were visible in aptitude.
Unfortunately I cannot check now what was added in /etc/apt/sources.list.d, because I deleted my Ubuntu install for the moment (to check if it is tvheadend that is fucked, or my Cine S2 card - it seems to be the first.)

You can browse through all the *.deb files here: http://packages.pulse-eight.net/ubuntu/p...ble/dists/ (if you don't mind solving dependencies).

Hi, I am trying to enable the pvr demo in addons, however It isnt showing in the pvr clients section in thr list of addons. Is there a zip somewhere I need to install ? Running latest pvr Eden on Windows 7.

Thank You.
Whoa, overwhelmed newbie. I'm trying to wrap my head around what sort of plan I should go with for my setup. The end goal is to use my media server (win 7) with pre-scraped media as a SQL server for unified play/pause as well as tv backend, but with Eden out, there seems to be a lot of mis-information floating around.

If you would, please humor me for a minute. So this is a separate build that has better pvr support (looks like 11.3 for windows), but with this new version, is mediaportal good enough or would there be features missing that tvheadend or mythtv would provide that could be run in vbox? I think this is the first question in the process. Then I can choose a tuner and go from there.
Thank you
Hello everyone,

I primarily want to thank you for this plugin.
Very beautiful work, as if they had a PC TV card.

I have a proposition, may have Picture in Picture?
After a very strong + DXVA and DXVA2 PCs can handle very comfortable with its.
Ultimo has triple tuner, Duo has dual tuners, PiP, and Uno and Solo channels for the same transporder can be.

If that system is super, thank you in advance.

Sincerely ...
(2012-05-04, 13:37)Dam0 Wrote: not sure if this is a false positive or not, but magros pvr eden v2 link gets deleted by symantec endpoint and says contains "ws.reputation.1" signiture, and has known about this threat for previous 48 hrs.:-(
As far as I can judge now (after additional scanning with McAfee, Symantec (webscanner), Virustotal, and AVG Business) it seems to be a false positive and more a warning about an untrusted source for the executable.
I'm building all my PVR builds on a cleanly installed dedicated build machine (VMWare image) with only AVG and of course the required build tools installed. Before publishing them, I'm first testing them on different PC's with either AVG or McAfee installed, so although we can never be 100% sure, it is at least checked with several virusscanners before I put a new build on line. Of course you can always build it yourself based on the tags in my Github repository.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
(2012-05-08, 16:23)tismon Wrote: If you would, please humor me for a minute. So this is a separate build that has better pvr support (looks like 11.3 for windows), but with this new version, is mediaportal good enough or would there be features missing that tvheadend or mythtv would provide that could be run in vbox? I think this is the first question in the process. Then I can choose a tuner and go from there.
If you want to use a tv backend under Windows, with XBMC as frontend (tv player), you will need indeed one of these "separate builds" because the PVR stuff is still under development.
The official Eden is released without PVR support (it was planned for Eden but postponed to 12.x).
For Windows you can choose between 4TheRecord and MediaPortal TV Server as tv backend. Both 4TheRecord and MediaPortal pvr addons should be comparable in functionality with tvheadend. Almost all current XBMC PVR features (TV, Radio, EPG, Recordings, Timers) are supported by the addons.
Note: the Opdenkamp builds contain only a MediaPortal pvr addon while my PVR builds contain in addition an improved MediaPortal addon (tsreader) and also the 4TheRecord addon.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
That is exactly what I wanted. Thank you for that and for not giving me trouble for not being very well informed. :-)
Time to go surf the 4therecord and mp forums.
I've been using with pulse eight packages in ubuntu for months and they are very stable. I have just ordered the new parts for a new build. my question is when AE is released in the May cycle will new PVR builds be available containing AE (pulse-eight or anyones)?
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
I'm running xbmc pvr build + tswriter plugin with mediaportal as back end. I'm seeing strange issue where I can hear audio for HD channels however SD channels have no audio. I have tried disabling dxva without success.

But when I change the aduio output from HDMI to Anolog, I can hear audio.

Code:
23:52:09 T:3288  NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86016
23:52:09 T:3652  NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
23:52:09 T:3288  NOTICE: Creating audio thread
23:52:09 T:3680  NOTICE: running thread: CDVDPlayerAudio::Process()
23:52:09 T:3680  NOTICE: Creating audio device with codec id: 86016, channels: 2, sample rate: 48000, pass-through
23:52:09 T:3288   ERROR: CSelectionStreams::Get - failed to get stream
23:52:09 T:3652  NOTICE:  fps: 59.940060, pwidth: 544, pheight: 480, dwidth: 544, dheight: 408
23:52:09 T:3652  NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080 @ 60.00 - Full Screen (12)
23:52:09 T:3652  NOTICE: D3D: rendering method forced to DXVA2 processor
First i whant to thanks all for the greate jobb done making this program and the PVR part. It is a greate program no need to use the dreambox any more, all in one unit :-)

To update xbmc-pvr is it only to run the file ./install-xbmc.sh ? or is there a difrent way after it is installed with the install-xbmc.sh script ?

must ask has anybody got passthrou sound (DTS/5.1/7.1) to work on Ubuntu build ? it did work with me when i did use the live version. but now i only can use sounds from ubuntu (puls 7.1) geting sound from all speakers in sterio. If i try turning on the passthrou i get error on device. (can it be as ubuntu using it?)
Using a Nvidia GeForce GT 220 card and hdmi cable to a Onkyo tx-nr 808

System
Intel Duo CPU E7400 2.8 Ghz
Ram 4 G
Nvidia GeForce GT 220

Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric
Xbmc-PVR 11.0 Compiled Apr 28 2012

HTS Tvheadend 2.12.99~pulse-6
Oscam
Newcamd
Sorttv
Flexge