• 5(current)
Eden PVR builds
(2012-05-03, 18:48)Buff Wrote: Ultimately, I've reverted to WMC for my TV viewing and recording for the time being, mainly due to the lack of series record and partly timeshifting. Unfortunately, I couldn't leave Mediaportal on my machine, as it somehow interferred with the channel signal in WMC, even though I'd turned off the TV Service, so have had to uninstall completely, but I will defintely try again in a few months.

Keep up the good work Magro and Dushmaniac, not sure if my post has helped Grooter or not, but certainly I didn't have any crashes when enabling the PVR client - I used Aeon MQ3 for testing

Thanks for the update. I was looking at giving the XBMC PVR build with MediaPortal a try this week.
Uhm, I was on the lookout for a new build to install on Ubuntu 12.04 ('precise'). To my surprise I noticed:

"We provide an automatic install script for Ubuntu Lucid, Maverick, Natty, Oneiric and Precise."

.... on the pulse8 site.

But where is tvheadend for precise? (not here).

Indeed, I only built xbmc and libcec.
I'll include a tvheadend build for precise when I got time
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2012-05-23, 11:52)dushmaniac Wrote: Indeed, I only built xbmc and libcec.
I'll include a tvheadend build for precise when I got time

Dushmaniac thanks for your answer. I understand that working/coding/troubleshooting on it all already consumes loads of time. Appreciate it.
Will check now and then.Smile

BTW: An offtopic question. Is it possible to enhance the TVheadend newcamd protocol to the new "newcamd extended" protocol?
MGcamd supports it, and so does oscamd. Its main feature is multiple CAID's accros a single newcamd line. The code should be there in the OSCAM source code.

Also: Why does alexandr surkov's PPA say "Publishing has been disabled for this archive." What does that mean?
(2012-05-28, 03:40)-EaS- Wrote: BTW: An offtopic question. Is it possible to enhance the TVheadend newcamd protocol to the new "newcamd extended" protocol?
MGcamd supports it, and so does oscamd. Its main feature is multiple CAID's accros a single newcamd line. The code should be there in the OSCAM source code.

Tvheadend is not developed by dushmaniac or team XBMC so you should address the feature request to tvheadend developers: https://www.lonelycoder.com/tvheadend/
Hey All,

Can I install a nightly build (for AE) and then use the script to upgrade to pvr or is there a more current merge of the two for 11.10 somehwere.

thx,

D.
You can manually compile from dushmaniac's official PVR repo:
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc
Here's a Windows build I did based on the latest from the opdenkamp git repo. I complied it on Windows 7 x64, I don't think it matters what version of windows you run it on though.

I just built this a little bit ago and it's the first build of XBMC I've ever done. That said, it appears to be working correctly. I am using tvheadend for a backend (have not tested others) and it works as expected. There are some nice new audio features!

(Disclaimer: You should never download an exe file from a stranger on the internet, if it were me I'd run this in a sandbox and scan for viruses, however, I assure you this is an untouched build from the git repo)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/1fto1nne...a16-dx_exe

Filefactory seemed slow, so I also uploaded it to filedropper as well:

http://www.filedropper.com/xbmcsetup-201...cdbea16-dx

If it doesn't work on your system I will probably not be able to help with troubleshooting it, but I will try.
Hello. Please help me to get build for apple tv 2 fw 5.1.1 with pvr
Thank you in advance
(2012-06-02, 06:01)smiley2billion Wrote: If it doesn't work on your system I will probably not be able to help with troubleshooting it, but I will try.

Hi, for your information your build work (with a copy of margro addons) but

- "Dolby Digital plus" is not correctly managed by the Audio Engine -> no sound on HDMI (work with analog output)
- Only video software decoding give good results, dxva is unusable, the video stuttering and finish with 1 second infinite loop
- DVB-T work fine but not my IP tv

so many limitations at this point....

Thank again to make this test possible ;-)
I installed your pvr eden build with media portal tv server today.
first of all, thank you for your great work Smile
unfortunatelly a few thing wont work for me right now.

switching tv channels always causes a xbmc crash, i have to stop one tv channel in order to switch to the new one to avoid an xbmc crash. is this normal or just a bug on my side?

it seems like xbmc is automaticly doing a timeshift record while watching a tv channel. can i disable the timeshift somewhere? i think it kind of slows down my htpc pretty much :/

can i import the live tv section in my Aeon MQ3 skin or do i have to press "E" every time i want to watch live tv? in confluence skin i do have an extra menu entry for live tv, in Aeon MQ3 i dont.

is EPG working at the moment? where does xbmc get the EPG information from? Media Portal Tv server or internet?

Wuuhh, more questions then i expected ^^
i hope someone could answer a few, would be great Smile
thanks!
sl4m Wrote:is EPG working at the moment? where does xbmc get the EPG information from? Media Portal Tv server or internet?
For the EPG data, you'll have to use some sort of source for that. I've never used Media Portal for a backend before but it looks to work similar (at least in design) with hts-tvheadend. For myself I use a service called Schedules Direct. From that I gave XMLTV my login credentials and it pulls all the EPG data for me. Tvheadend has a job that runs and gathers new EPG data on its own.

You might start here for MediaPortal: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIA...ins/WebEPG

sl4m Wrote:can i import the live tv section in my Aeon MQ3 skin or do i have to press "E" every time i want to watch live tv? in confluence skin i do have an extra menu entry for live tv, in Aeon MQ3 i dont.
Skin support is very limited right now for PVR builds in general. As you noticed there is no direct 'Live TV' button on some skins, this will change once PVR becomes a standard feature of XBMC.

sl4m Wrote:it seems like xbmc is automaticly doing a timeshift record while watching a tv channel. can i disable the timeshift somewhere? i think it kind of slows down my htpc pretty much :/
Is this buffering you're seeing? Or are you saying that something that is supposed to be on at 0900 doesn't show up for you until 0905 or something?

sl4m Wrote:switching tv channels always causes a xbmc crash, i have to stop one tv channel in order to switch to the new one to avoid an xbmc crash. is this normal or just a bug on my side?

I am not sure about this one, I haven't seen any crashes switching channels with tvheadend as the backend. I'll set up an install of mediaportal and see what happens there.

technick Wrote:- "Dolby Digital plus" is not correctly managed by the Audio Engine -> no sound on HDMI (work with analog output)

Unfortunately I don't have a way to test this on my own as I only have a receiver that accepts optical audio (no HDMI switching). Once the May cycle for Eden is pushed up in git I'll do another build that will hopefully fix that.

technick Wrote:- Only video software decoding give good results, dxva is unusable, the video stuttering and finish with 1 second infinite loop

Using an Nvidia card here and I didn't notice anything like that. I've tried software rending as well as hardware rendering and they both produce good results. I do notice a slight framerate jitter every now and then if I don't use true fullscreen (not fullscreen in a window) but I've seen this since before Eden.

technick Wrote:- DVB-T work fine but not my IP tv

Strange.. I exclusively use IP streams and haven't seen a single problem. Every now and then I'll see an MPEG-TS stream only have audio but that's only for a few SD channels and I think it's related to tvheadend and not XBMC. Which backend are you using?

Stalkerj Wrote:Hello. Please help me to get build for apple tv 2 fw 5.1.1 with pvr
Thank you in advance

I believe that I can now build XBMC using Lion and the latest Xcode if I read the updates correctly. If that is the case I'd be glad to attempt to build you one. I'll update here once I've tried it.

Also, should we open a new thread for discussion on these builds to keep this one clean?
thank you for your answers!
(2012-06-06, 06:47)smiley2billion Wrote:
sl4m Wrote:it seems like xbmc is automaticly doing a timeshift record while watching a tv channel. can i disable the timeshift somewhere? i think it kind of slows down my htpc pretty much :/
Is this buffering you're seeing? Or are you saying that something that is supposed to be on at 0900 doesn't show up for you until 0905 or something?
it seems like it is buffering. but i think its not a big problem.

(2012-06-06, 06:47)smiley2billion Wrote:
sl4m Wrote:switching tv channels always causes a xbmc crash, i have to stop one tv channel in order to switch to the new one to avoid an xbmc crash. is this normal or just a bug on my side?

I am not sure about this one, I haven't seen any crashes switching channels with tvheadend as the backend. I'll set up an install of mediaportal and see what happens there.
this is the biggest problem at the moment. every time i select a tv channel while playing another one xbmc just crashes.
a popup with "buffering. please wait" appears and nothing happens.
in mediaportal everything works just fine.
(2012-06-06, 00:54)sl4m Wrote: I installed your pvr eden build with media portal tv server today.
first of all, thank you for your great work Smile
unfortunatelly a few thing wont work for me right now.
With window (MePo and 4TR) you should use Margro builds http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...build.html
(2012-06-06, 10:37)sl4m Wrote: this is the biggest problem at the moment. every time i select a tv channel while playing another one xbmc just crashes.
a popup with "buffering. please wait" appears and nothing happens.
in mediaportal everything works just fine.

I have set up Mediaportal and the xbmc plugin on it. This is my first install of this so there was a slight learning curve, but I'm actually finding it easier because I can just create one m3u file with all of my IP streams and have it scan that.

Anyway, after I got a few working streams I can not make xbmc crash when switching channels. Starting a stream defiantly takes slightly longer than with tvheadend but it also seems to run a bit smoother, less pixelization and whatnot. I might just stick with running this for a bit!

I'd have to second running the Margro builds as they are also very current and seem to contain some specific things for Mediaportal so you're less likely to run in to issues.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden PVR builds1