• 8(current)
Eden PVR builds
I am a novice at XBMC and wonder if there is a clear description of how to set up the PVR function that Dushmaniac has built for Windows 7. So far I have updraded my Eden XBMC to the latest one in Dushmaniac's signature and I do not know how to proceed.
Look in Settings addons PVR clients and enable the backend you are using,
TVheadend
MythTV
VDR

You can fine tune the settings from the Live TV option under settings once enabled.
(2012-08-06, 22:08)redstorm Wrote: Look in Settings addons PVR clients and enable the backend you are using,
TVheadend
MythTV
VDR

You can fine tune the settings from the Live TV option under settings once enabled.

I see the PVR clients you listed as well as MediaPortal and they are all enabled, but I do not see LIveTV anywhere under settings or in the main menu.

edit: I disabled all the PVR clients except MediaPortal. All the settings in MediaPortal are default except I have put in the location for storage of recorded shows. I had a look at the system description and it says "XBMC 11.0 GIT:20120725 - 9093FB6" . Backend and Frontend are on the same computer. I do not see how I enable Live TV

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread
Hi, any help would be apprciated. Is there a pvr build avalible with bitstreaming hd audio as well? Thanks
For Windows you can use the XBMC master + PVR builds from margro
Great man thank, yes I am using widows. But I have another issue, the pvr addon I have is only compladible with Eden builds. So are there any Eden pvr builds with the hd audio patch? Thank again for the help
no
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
OK!
Hi,, I just downloaded the install script for Ubuntu precise and am getting this error:

matt_0978@kubuntu:~/Downloads$ sh install-xbmc.sh
install-xbmc.sh: 28: install-xbmc.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
matt_0978@kubuntu:~/Downloads$

so what's up with that?
run it with bash instead. or make it executable and run the file, as the instructions say
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

How do i find out if this change below to the XBMC git has been merged into the PVR branch?

Update: the latest XBMC git has support for suspending and resuming audio sinks. This should solve your problem

I believe this is the commit i am looking for.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/4aa7...faa3655e8b

EDIT
Just answered my own question
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/commit...faa3655e8b
@Dushmaniac
I'm trying to rebuild my HTPC, as I completely messed it up trying to upgrade the OS. I put an Ubuntu minimal 12.04.1 build on it. Installed the nVidia drivers (I have an nVidia 9400 chipset, so ION type thing) and then installed XBMC from your repo. After that my box doesn't start in XBMC however, so I tried to install xbmc-live from your repo as well. However, I get the message that xbmc-live is from may and I have to downgrade my xbmc xbmc-bin packages. Now I'm confused. Do I need the xbmc live package to get my HTPC autostart in XBMC with Ubuntu minimal or should I do this another way?
ah yeah, forgot to update that post. sould be "xbmc-standalone" instead of "xbmc-live" now
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

(2012-09-05, 11:42)martdj Wrote: @Dushmaniac
I'm trying to rebuild my HTPC, as I completely messed it up trying to upgrade the OS. I put an Ubuntu minimal 12.04.1 build on it. Installed the nVidia drivers (I have an nVidia 9400 chipset, so ION type thing) and then installed XBMC from your repo. After that my box doesn't start in XBMC however, so I tried to install xbmc-live from your repo as well. However, I get the message that xbmc-live is from may and I have to downgrade my xbmc xbmc-bin packages. Now I'm confused. Do I need the xbmc live package to get my HTPC autostart in XBMC with Ubuntu minimal or should I do this another way?

u can try my brand new howto, and please let me know if it works or not Smile

besides im confused. i installed my system just the way i wrote in the thread, now i bought a tevii s470 and i wouldnt re-install the whole system if its not neccesary. im searching for a solution to intergrate the live-tv feature in EDEN. thanks!
Be aware that installing lightdm (Light Desktop Manager) is not how the original xbmc-live was meant to be run.

You can still run it without a desktop manager using the xbmc-live/standalone scripts.

• 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden PVR builds1