Choppy on Eden: Sync Playback to Display
I recently upgraded to Eden final, and nearly every video I have (SD, 720, 1080, mkv, xvid, etc.) resulted in choppy playback (where choppy is defined as "my wife notices"). Messed around with xorg.conf, advanced settings, before finally discovering that the problem is with the options "Sync playback to display" (irrespective of A/V sync method) and "Adjust display refresh rate to match video". When enabled (either or both) playback is choppy, when disabled it's fine. This is new to me, as those options worked perfectly under dharma. Anyone experiencing similar issues?
Still using the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" here, no problems with it on Dharma, none on Eden either. Been through all the betas and the RC, was never an issue afaict.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Look into advancedsettings.xml tag <fpsdetect>
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
G'day All,

I'm new to XBMC, what an excellent program! I'm very happy as I had quality issues using VLC and DVD player on my 2012 mac mini, XBMC has cleaned the picture right up!

But alas, I have the exact same issue as fasteddy, just wanted to check that before I go into (I'm not an advanced user at all, but I'm not the sort of bloke who wont die wondering so I'm happy to give it a crack) setting up the <advancedsettings.xml> playing around with the <fpsdetedct> tag will work?

Many thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy on Eden: Sync Playback to Display0