xbmc hd
hi i am using on my laptop xbmc 11 beta 2 and have a hd video card on board i noticing when i play hd movies it always buffer's is there a way to fix this problem. my internet is high speed and its a wifi connection.

my second question is with apple tv first generation its also a wifi connection with xbmc 2012 on it and when i play hd movies it also buffers can that be fixed to stream better hd movies is it a issue with no crystal hd card on it
and was thinking can i add a mico wifi usb on it to make it stream faster
can someone help me out
thanks
Rule out network issues by playing an HD file locally.

The Apple TV 1 (wiki) (silver) must have a Broadcom Crystal HD (wiki) card to playback HD movies.
hi how do I rule out network issues by playing hd file locally
if i install a broadcom crystal hd card can i have my wifi still on apple tv 1 using a wifi usb stick and
is it easy to do
For your laptop, download/copy an HD movie directly to the local hard drive and play it form there. If it works then it might just be your network that is too slow (or something along the way, like some specific bottleneck). If you are using wireless, make sure you have a good strong connection, and when possible use "wireless-N" on the laptop and a wireless-N router.

It is possible to still use a wifi USB stick on the Apple TV 1, but it can be tricky. I wouldn't call it easy. I've started to gather information on this wiki page: HOW-TO:Use USB Wifi on Apple TV 1 (wiki)
If you're streaming films from the Internet the problem is likely to be the speed of the link between you and whatever server you're streaming from. The bottleneck may or may not be at your broadband connection.

We'll need to see a debug log to comment further. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File for details.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc hd 0