PVR Dummy for skinning ?
Question 
Hi,

no, I'm not a skinner but I read that lot of Skinners can't provide PVR support for their skins simply 'cause of lack of PVR hardware .. which is a great pity 'cause there are really great themes without PVR support ..

Somewhere I read that there is a "PVR dummy" .. can someone post a link or something like that ?

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
1) Install VDR
2) Install iptv-plugin
3) Add a simple stream found on the net as TV channel (NASA-TV)
4) Done!
j1nx Wrote:1) Install VDR
2) Install iptv-plugin
3) Add a simple stream found on the net as TV channel (NASA-TV)
4) Done!

1) Where can I find it?

Are all PVR functions active in this case so they can be tried and coded?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:1) Where can I find it?

Are all PVR functions active in this case so they can be tried and coded?

If you are on an ubuntu based system, it is best to go with the packages from "yavdr". And yes all pvr stuff is present, but epg is offcourse dificult if there are no sources for it. But you can always put some fake epg in xmltv format to do the job.
Or you could use "vdr-plugin-dummydevice" No epg but it means VDR will start and you can connect I guess.

https://launchpad.net/~yavdr/+archive/stable-vdr
https://launchpad.net/~yavdr/+archive/unstable-vdr
https://launchpad.net/~yavdr/+archive/testing-vdr
There is a dummy one already in the PVR build.

https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/m...s/pvr-demo
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
thx, hope the skinners take the chance ;-)

Okay - IPTV is a simple way .. could be done with TVHeadend too, which is very simple to install and maintain; don't know if Mediaportal or 4therecord provides IPTV too (for windows developers) .. btw. I didn't find real IPTV providers in germany - that Maxdome, Vodafone TV stuff is proprietary and requires special hardware or silverlight ..

Would be nice to have a (sticky) list with IPTV providers world wide .. could someone give a hint ?

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Mizaki Wrote:There is a dummy one already in the PVR build.

https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/m...s/pvr-demo

Cool, never knew that! Might be the best solution for skinners.

LastCoder Wrote:Okay - IPTV is a simple way .. could be done with TVHeadend too, which is very simple to install and maintain; don't know if Mediaportal or 4therecord provides IPTV too (for windows developers) .. btw. I didn't find real IPTV providers in germany - that Maxdome, Vodafone TV stuff is proprietary and requires special hardware or silverlight ..

Would be nice to have a (sticky) list with IPTV providers world wide .. could someone give a hint ?

Greetz

LastCoder
I know Mediaportal TVServer has support for IPTV, and since some efforts of other people, also unicast support. With a MP-TVServer it is therefor also possible to add internet unicast streams as TV Channels giving full PVR support.

4therecord-Argus, does not have IPTV support. But if you choose to use 4therecord together with the MP-TVServer engine it does.

Quote:Or you could use "vdr-plugin-dummydevice" No epg but it means VDR will start and you can connect I guess.
If I remember correctly you need to have this installed with only IPTV as well. But it will only bypass the "check for DVB device", allowing you to start VDR. I think It will not let you add channels, therefor probably useless in a skinners point of view.
I've added the dummy add-on exactly for this reason. just enable the pvrmanager, enable the dummy add-on, and you're done. no need to install any backend.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2012-03-17, 13:30)dushmaniac Wrote: I've added the dummy add-on exactly for this reason. just enable the pvrmanager, enable the dummy add-on, and you're done. no need to install any backend.

Not for Windows though. Sad
indeed. it was a quick hack to produce a demo, and I just fixed it up a bit and included it in the linux build. for windows, the xml reader part needs to be included, and I haven't had time to do it yet.

now, if I don't have time to do it properly before Eden-pvr final, I'll just copy the xml stuff and remove the logging components to produce a windows version (that'll work just fine), but stuff like that won't be included in the source tree.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2012-03-17, 13:30)dushmaniac Wrote: I've added the dummy add-on exactly for this reason. just enable the pvrmanager, enable the dummy add-on, and you're done. no need to install any backend.

With Eden now released, is there a way to get OS X build based on Eden with this dummy add-on and rest of the bits needed to make a skin support?

** I have tried with Linux in VM, followed instructions on first page in PVR developement and got august build with PVR running. Build is too old and it runs like 2-3fps in VM so it's practically unusable.

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Dummy for skinning ?0