• 2(current)
Metropolis Development
This is a great skin, so I want to thank all involved in bringing this skin to the masses.

But like most everyone, I want more! Smile

I have HTPC's (6 of them!) So I use a mouse more times then not, one think I can not get used to it when I move the pointer towards the center of a view, the popup menu comes up, and gets in the way of whatever I may be doing. Is there a way (Other then disabling the mouse in settings!) to stop this from happening?

Also, the weather feature does not work on any of my setups, (It works good with other skins!) every time I go to the weather screen, or refresh weather, the temperature reading goes up. I have seen it read well over 6 million degrees, while showing snow, or rain.

Other then these two issues, I love this skin, and will more then likely be using it for some time to come.

Thanks for a great piece of perfection!
(2012-04-29, 00:20)hdmax Wrote: So I use a mouse more times then not, one think I can not get used to it when I move the pointer towards the center of a view, the popup menu comes up, and gets in the way of whatever I may be doing. Is there a way (Other then disabling the mouse in settings!) to stop this from happening?

As far as I can tell, I don't think Metropolis was designed with mouse users in mind.

(2012-04-29, 00:20)hdmax Wrote: Also, the weather feature does not work on any of my setups, (It works good with other skins!) every time I go to the weather screen, or refresh weather, the temperature reading goes up. I have seen it read well over 6 million degrees, while showing snow, or rain.

I haven't seen this on any of the 6 machines I've tested on. Which weather add-on are you using? And if you don't mind sharing it, what's your general geographical location so I can test?

-j
(2012-04-29, 16:12)jingai Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 00:20)hdmax Wrote: [quote='hdmax' pid='1089569' dateline='1335651635']
Also, the weather feature does not work on any of my setups, (It works good with other skins!) every time I go to the weather screen, or refresh weather, the temperature reading goes up. I have seen it read well over 6 million degrees, while showing snow, or rain.

I haven't seen this on any of the 6 machines I've tested on. Which weather add-on are you using? And if you don't mind sharing it, what's your general geographical location so I can test?

-j

I've actually seen this before and it happens when there's no active internet connection or dns resolution isn't working.
Hdmax - are you sure you have an active internet connection and/or nothing is set in the xbmc proxy settings that might be interfering?
I live in Ohio. As far as the weather addons I use, I have tried Weather Plus, and the default Weather Underground.
(2012-04-29, 16:12)jingai Wrote: As far as I can tell, I don't think Metropolis was designed with mouse users in mind.

-j

(2012-04-30, 00:41)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 16:12)jingai Wrote: I haven't seen this on any of the 6 machines I've tested on. Which weather add-on are you using? And if you don't mind sharing it, what's your general geographical location so I can test?

[quote='Aenima99x' pid='1090470' dateline='1335739276']
[quote='jingai' pid='1090047' dateline='1335708729']

-j

I've actually seen this before and it happens when there's no active internet connection or dns resolution isn't working.
Hdmax - are you sure you have an active internet connection and/or nothing is set in the xbmc proxy settings that might be interfering?
I do not have any proxy settings on my machines. And yes I have internet, as I stated, this is only happening with Metropolis skin. I have used Aeon MQ 3, and Confluence, and the weather info is correct with no issues.

Try being more specific with your location and not just selecting 'Ohio' . eg.. 'Ohio City, Ohio' or 'Ohio City, Colorado'..
Even in Confluence with just 'Ohio' selected as location you will get script failed and have the same problem, (Weather Underground)..

Confluence with just 'Ohio'

'Ohio City, Ohio'

Metropolis with just 'Ohio' as location.. same as Confluence, script failed and temp rise after each refresh..

As I stated the weather plugin works fine in other skins, so I know it is not me typing in an invalid location. (I am not a total moron, I use zip codes in the setup.) I was asked for my location, so I gave him/her the general location. When someone states he/she is from Ohio, or any other state name, 99.99999% of people would automatically know it was NOT some small town is the middle of nowhere, but the state.
However that is pretty much what my weather view looks like with the correct location selected yet it displays the correct information in other skins.
I will try and get a log.
What city are you using? If you don't want it on the forum, can you pm me with it?
-stoli-
Hi I experience the same issues as HDMax with the mouse, most of the skin is working properly with the mouse but these annoying popup.

I know nothing about XBMC theme internals, but I can edit source files. Is there a way to disable this popup or to disable the mouse trigger for this popup ?
(2012-04-29, 16:12)jingai Wrote: As far as I can tell, I don't think Metropolis was designed with mouse users in mind.

@jingai
Just wanted to confirm that you are correct. Metropolis was originally designed for myself (HTPC connected directly to a 40" HDTV) & I thought I would share it. By that time most of the coding was in place and I really didn't want to go back & add mouse support. No disrespect was intended to mouse users, it was just the way things fell into place with the skin. Sorry. Blush
(2012-04-30, 17:32)hdmax Wrote: As I stated the weather plugin works fine in other skins, so I know it is not me typing in an invalid location. (I am not a total moron, I use zip codes in the setup.) I was asked for my location, so I gave him/her the general location. When someone states he/she is from Ohio, or any other state name, 99.99999% of people would automatically know it was NOT some small town is the middle of nowhere, but the state.
However that is pretty much what my weather view looks like with the correct location selected yet it displays the correct information in other skins.
I will try and get a log.

Well 99.99999% of people are not mind readers and can't guess which city your from Wink and we can't test the weather for a whole state, the addon doesn't work that way. So it would be good if you could clarify which addon your using and which city you live in and someone will try to verify your results.

(2012-04-30, 19:06)Brice Wrote: Hi I experience the same issues as HDMax with the mouse, most of the skin is working properly with the mouse but these annoying popup.

I know nothing about XBMC theme internals, but I can edit source files. Is there a way to disable this popup or to disable the mouse trigger for this popup ?

Most skins have this menu hidden off-screen to the left hand side and pops out with a slide animation when the mouse hovers in that region. But Metropolis has the menu hidden in the middle of the screen and therefore pops up when the mouse is in that region or is triggered by a keyboard command. I think one way would be to move the menu off screen and have a slide animation to a position on-screen like other skins when triggered. That would be from a skinning perspective and would mean editing all the xml files where the view menu exists, which is quite a few and would take some work. Smile As for editing the source files, I'm not sure, I think you would have a better idea than me. Wink

Edit: One thing you could try to disable the mouse trigger is adding <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(ViewLockdown)</visible> to the Navigation Menus in question and then Enable Kiosk Mode in general skin settings. This would disable the whole Navigation Menu for mouse and keyboard until Kiosk Mode is disabled again. Just a thought. Big Grin

I have tried several cities, Namely Columbus, Zanesville, Athens, Logan, Newark, New Lexington, and Lancaster. I live in central Ohio, (Closest to New Lexington, zip code 43764!)and have used zip codes, to locate the city, and I have also just typed in the city names. As I've stated before the other skins work fine. However when I first started using XBMC 11b2 I had this problem with all skins, I reinstalled windows 7 Ultimate, and setup everything up the way I wanted it, (Using Convergence skin!) and all was fine, then I decided to make the move to Metropolis because I liked it better overall. But the weather plugin issue is causing this skin from being near perfect. I have a weather station, and web site for it, sixmileturn-weather.com I would really like to be able to use that information in XBMC, now that would be cool I think.

(2012-04-30, 18:13)stoli Wrote: What city are you using? If you don't want it on the forum, can you pm me with it?

Well I just tested every city you mentioned and had no problems with the skin. I can see why this would be very annoying for you being a weather buff with his/her own weather station Wink
But this is very strange, I have the same set-up - Win7 64 Ultimate plus XBMC 11.0 Eden. I also switched to a USA Region just to be sure and also tried a few zip codes from around your location but could not reproduce your problem.
Maybe someone else could verify this for you, or you could ask ronie for advice over at the weather underground thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116668.

Steveb - What weather icons are you using?

edit- nevermind got it
(2012-05-01, 04:10)Steveb Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 19:06)Brice Wrote: Hi I experience the same issues as HDMax with the mouse, most of the skin is working properly with the mouse but these annoying popup.

Most skins have this menu hidden off-screen to the left hand side and pops out with a slide animation when the mouse hovers in that region. But Metropolis has the menu hidden in the middle of the screen and therefore pops up when the mouse is in that region or is triggered by a keyboard command. I think one way would be to move the menu off screen and have a slide animation to a position on-screen like other skins when triggered. That would be from a skinning perspective and would mean editing all the xml files where the view menu exists, which is quite a few and would take some work. Smile As for editing the source files, I'm not sure, I think you would have a better idea than me. Wink

Edit: One thing you could try to disable the mouse trigger is adding <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(ViewLockdown)</visible> to the Navigation Menus in question and then Enable Kiosk Mode in general skin settings. This would disable the whole Navigation Menu for mouse and keyboard until Kiosk Mode is disabled again. Just a thought. Big Grin

@SteveB thanks I'll take a deeper look, I already foound the XML files on a previous theme "safari". I'll try to take a deeper look.

On the way to do that, moving the popup to some postion, maybe the top, as in Rapier, would be indeed the best idea, though I have no idea how to do that atm.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis Development0