• 4(current)
Metropolis Development
If my mention of the forked skin is the cause of this latest discussion, I apologize to everyone involved. (That was not my intention!)
I thinkk Steveb mods are great and he has done a great job doing them. I wish he would agree to work together on this skin to make it a even better skin instead of having is own fork. If not then let it be.

All in all this skin is coming out great. Looks great on the big screen!
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-05-04, 01:24)Steveb Wrote: I created the repo for my friends and family to keep up with my mod. I posted it mainly to share/introduce stoli to some ideas I had come up with. Pushing so many patches can become difficult for the developer to review properly and make sure it is the best practice. Wink and the way I have gone about certain things is totally different.
For example the way hidden views has been implemented. The fixedlist/panel/wraplist is hidden within the view in metropolis, I have disabled the whole view from the MyVideoNav.xml.
No disrespect intended but I think I'll just plod along with my own mod, My build is much older than you might think Wink(its from when Amra first made his repo available) with some of stoli's patches added.
Like I said previous I was meaning to share some ideas, so feel free to use any you like.

Thank Steve - I'll pick through your code and see how you have implemented features I want. Smile

Regards,
-stoli-
More cool stuff to do with the weather display...

You can replace the weather folder with one of the "weather packs" found at http://xbmc.exstatic.org/weather_fanart/

Just rename the downloaded folder to "weather" and replace the default folder under the "extras" folder.

Makes the "Home" screen look very nice....:Nod
(2012-05-06, 03:40)thewarm Wrote: More cool stuff to do with the weather display...

You can replace the weather folder with one of the "weather packs" found at http://xbmc.exstatic.org/weather_fanart/

Just rename the downloaded folder to "weather" and replace the default folder under the "extras" folder.

Makes the "Home" screen look very nice....:Nod

any screen pics to show it off?

Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-05-04, 05:03)Aenima99x Wrote: Just sent a pull request to Stoli. I've added a new toggle option in the settings that will allow the use of the Realistic Weather icons instead of the default Metropolis weather icons.

Stoli - I saw that you merged this request, but I'm not getting the updates downloaded. Is this something on the Passion Repo side? How often do they push out the skin updates from their side?
I believe Passion does a pull every night if there are updates. I only push to the official repo once a quarter or so.
-stoli-
(2012-05-08, 17:21)stoli Wrote: I believe Passion does a pull every night if there are updates. I only push to the official repo once a quarter or so.

I'm confused then, shouldn't the merge request have been in the Passion repo then? I don't see any updates to the skin.

Edit - Ok looks like it finally got updated last night.
Stoli - Not sure if you saw, but I sent a pull request that fixes the missing day 2 weather icon when using the realistic weather icons.
Sorry I missed this - merged today.

Thanks!
-stoli-
Stoli, issues 13, 16, 48, and 49 can be closed if you're happy with my patches. Just FYI so no one else starts working on issues that have already been corrected.
I just updated from the GIT and was doing clean up and noticed something strange...

Pictures worth 1000 words

Series

Seasons

Season Detail

Composite

the Season list poster is too high and the series title is missing from the top of the page. This is the only view I've checked.
I really hate asking this, but is there any way to get rid of that black part of the borders that encapsulates art?

Pic stolen from above for clarity:

Is it possible to justify the info text? I think it looks bad. I know it's a small issue but it bothers me a lot. Most skins are using it now (justified text).

Thanks
(2012-05-19, 18:06)Killer-JoeBR Wrote: Is it possible to justify the info text? I think it looks bad. I know it's a small issue but it bothers me a lot. Most skins are using it now (justified text).

I agree that it would look better justified, and it's certainly both possible and easy to change, but for some reason the scrolling is jerky when it's set to justified.

The jerky scrolling looks even worse than unjustified text to me. If enough people want it though I can make the change.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis Development0