• 1(current)
Metropolis Development
(2012-03-27, 03:06)jingai Wrote: Stoli,

I fixed everything I mentioned with the exception of fixing up the PictureGrid view. I'll get on that next.

Sending you a pull request in a moment.

-j

Updates merged into trunk - thanks for your work!
-stoli-
No problem at all. Glad to be of some help.

I just added a SlideShow.xml (the one in the repository was commented out) as well, which is pull request #52.

Next up I want to get some use out of the bottom section for Pictures, like displaying some of the more useful EXIF tags and such.

Finally, I'll update/replace the PictureGrid view with something that fits the theme a bit better.

As I get time I'll look through your current issues as posted on github too Smile

-j
Pull requests 54-56 finish the outstanding issues I talked about besides the new PictureGrid view. I'll get on that tomorrow Smile

-j
I've worked up a new PictureGrid view. I think you're out of town (Stoli) so I'll hold off on sending a pull request until I'm sure I'm happy with it. It's the branch "picgrid" in my fork (https://github.com/jingai/Metropolis/tree/picgrid) if anyone wants to have a look and maybe provide some feedback.

-j
Great work on all of the updates jingai! All of your pull requests have been merged.

-stoli-
Not a problem Smile

I've pretty much got the new Picture Grid view finished, but for some reason when I set the aspect ratio to "keep" it doesn't scale the same on all of my machines. I am not sure if this is an issue with XBMC or something I'm doing wrong.

I'm going to have a look at adding the ability to hide unwanted view types next. Since I'll be touching CustomSettings.xml, if you can tell me what you meant in Issue #13 I can possibly address that at the same time.

FYI, you can close Issues 47 and 31 if you're satisfied with my fixes. #6 could probably also be closed since it should "just work" once that feature is added to XBMC.

-j
Probably could close Issue 21 too, and open two new issues to "Add support for Random Items" and "Add support for Watchlist", since those two things apply to both Home styles.

As for adding Media Stats to the Home2 style, I have no idea where you'd even put that info. There just isn't enough room.

-j
Issues 16 and (probably) 13 are taken care of with pull request 66.
Thanks for all of your hard work guys!

Every time the GIT updates, I lose all of the theme options. Only 1 theme available. But I do have 6 color choices. I have to add the separate xbt files back into the media folder!

Can you incorporate all of the other textures into the main "textures.xbt" file please...
For the textures.xbt issue see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1073899
(2012-04-12, 15:39)thewarm Wrote: Thanks for all of your hard work guys!

Every time the GIT updates, I lose all of the theme options. Only 1 theme available. But I do have 6 color choices. I have to add the separate xbt files back into the media folder!

Can you incorporate all of the other textures into the main "textures.xbt" file please...

Are you updating direct via Git or through the Passion Repo? If it's the Passion Repo, I'll have to get with ppic to see why the xbt files are being dropped.
-stoli-
Stoli - Just sent a pull request for the Music Panel View. It's just a quick fix for the Artist/Album info showing in 2 areas. Been a while since I've used git, so let me know if I did anything wrong.
(2012-04-28, 00:04)knewknow Wrote:
(2012-04-08, 20:05)jingai Wrote:
(2012-04-08, 18:38)knewknow Wrote: Banners are the default thumbnails no? I have to select "prefer posters" in the TV scraping options under settings, otherwise it will pull the banners.

Oh, yeah, you're right. I've had that option selected for years and just forgot about it.

I'll add an option to use external poster.jpg to the settings. Not today, but soon Smile

In the meantime, you could set Prefer Posters and rescan to get the result you want, obviously.

Did you happen to get around to looking at adding the poster.jpg?

The problem is that Metropolis kind of assumes in a lot of places that the default image it gets from the scraper is going to be a poster and that the banners come from the Artwork Downloader. I realize that is the opposite of what Confluence assumes but that's just how Metropolis was originally designed. IMHO Confluence is the one that has it backwards (movie posters are default, I think tv shows should match that), but that's neither here nor there.

Honestly I don't think this should happen within the skin at all (both images should be scraped) but I'm not sure what the issue is there either.

That said, I haven't had a chance to get to this issue. There are a couple of fundamental problems I saw when I looked at it originally. One that stands out is what do I do if the user selects Banners by default but doesn't have the Artwork Downloader installed or hasn't manually downloaded posters for his shows? The Info dialog, for instance, doesn't have a layout conducive to banners. Should it just not display an image? Should I make an alternate Info dialog if banners are the default?

Is it acceptable to have all of the poster views (all five of them) not work out of the box in this configuration?
(2012-04-28, 00:30)jingai Wrote:
(2012-04-28, 00:04)knewknow Wrote:
(2012-04-08, 20:05)jingai Wrote: Oh, yeah, you're right. I've had that option selected for years and just forgot about it.

I'll add an option to use external poster.jpg to the settings. Not today, but soon Smile

In the meantime, you could set Prefer Posters and rescan to get the result you want, obviously.

Did you happen to get around to looking at adding the poster.jpg?

The problem is that Metropolis kind of assumes in a lot of places that the default image it gets from the scraper is going to be a poster and that the banners come from the Artwork Downloader. I realize that is the opposite of what Confluence assumes but that's just how Metropolis was originally designed. IMHO Confluence is the one that has it backwards (movie posters are default, I think tv shows should match that), but that's neither here nor there.

Honestly I don't think this should happen within the skin at all (both images should be scraped) but I'm not sure what the issue is there either.

That said, I haven't had a chance to get to this issue. There are a couple of fundamental problems I saw when I looked at it originally. One that stands out is what do I do if the user selects Banners by default but doesn't have the Artwork Downloader installed or hasn't manually downloaded posters for his shows? The Info dialog, for instance, doesn't have a layout conducive to banners. Should it just not display an image? Should I make an alternate Info dialog if banners are the default?

Is it acceptable to have all of the poster views (all five of them) not work out of the box in this configuration?

Well I know the way it works with other skins is in settings there are options like "use posters for posters views" or "use banners for banners views". So if the view expects a banner, and the banner setting is checked, then it will display the banner.jpg image. Otherwise it just displays whatever is scraped into cache (this will be very distorted/stretched).
The thing is though, Metropolis has views that have both. Additionally, as I said, the Info dialog would need a separate version for people that have only banners.

This is all doable, I just want to think it all through before tackling it. Stoli and Amra: any opinions?
Issue 13, 16, 48, and 49 are taken care of now.

Issue 21 is taken care of as well, but doesn't include support for Random Items because it's not yet fully integrated into Home1 either. A separate ticket should probably be raised for that (I'll file it it you want).

Fixing up DialogContentSettings, MyMusicPlaylist, and MyMusicPlaylistEditor next. Those are the last that I see that need real help.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis Development0