• 7(current)
Metropolis Development
I have started to add the pvr/live tv functionalities. (Home and settings screen updated, I'm actually starting the tv channel screen)
Do you have any ideas for the live tv picture displayed on the home screen (I have actually duplicated the tv shows one / picture and icon...) and the settings picture (same icon as the alternative home) ?
(2012-07-01, 19:16)dunpealhunter Wrote: Any change you could make a fix for the annoying pop-up you see every time you use a mouse?

The skin and xbmc is not meant to be mouse friendly...
-stoli-
I don't have a tv Tongue so the only way to watch my tv shows and use XBMC is on my pc.
(2012-07-02, 04:41)dunpealhunter Wrote: I don't have a tv Tongue so the only way to watch my tv shows and use XBMC is on my pc.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but presumably your PC has a keyboard, and Metropolis does work fine with that. We understand that there are a couple people here that really want to use a mouse with the skin, but there have been other issues with higher priority. It'll happen eventually, but unless you want to make the modifications yourself, you'll just have to wait a bit longer.
(2012-07-01, 00:03)dekani Wrote: I'm currently updating the french ressource file. (all translations done, review in progress) I will post it on github later.
Do you know if all ressources are still used ? (I have never seen one of these : 31343 to 31398 - big part to translate Smile - and 31061 to 31107)

Go ahead and omit unused strings. I'm going to eventually remove them from the English strings.xml as well. I just don't have the time at the moment.

(2012-07-01, 00:03)dekani Wrote: Is it possible to add the full resource for id : 31451 instead of recommended only ? (in french recommended and films/tv shows/... need to be inverted to be displayed correctly)

It's possible, but all of those strings are broken up like that currently. It would just mean 9 new strings instead of 3 (and re-using 3 strings).

Is there some other word you could use instead of Recommended? Like maybe just use "Watchlist", since that's what it really is anyway?
(2012-07-01, 19:16)dunpealhunter Wrote: Any change you could make a fix for the annoying pop-up you see every time you use a mouse?

It's not perfect, but here's a quick fix. Edit Includes_Animations.xml and look for the lines:

<inlclude name="Animation_NavMenu">
blah....
</include>

and change it to be:

Code:
<inlclude name="Animation_NavMenu">
<animation effect="slide" start="-10,0" end="690,0" time="0" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus">Conditional</animation>
        <animation type="Conditional" condition="!ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus()">
            <effect type="zoom" start="100" end="100" center="auto" tween="back" easing="in" time="400" />
            <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="400" />
        </animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="10,0" end="-690,0" time="0" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus">WindowClose</animation>
</include>

I'll get a cleaner implementation done later...
-stoli-
(2012-07-01, 21:00)dekani Wrote: I have started to add the pvr/live tv functionalities. (Home and settings screen updated, I'm actually starting the tv channel screen)
Do you have any ideas for the live tv picture displayed on the home screen (I have actually duplicated the tv shows one / picture and icon...) and the settings picture (same icon as the alternative home) ?

thanks for working in adding PVR support to Metropolis.
This skin is getting better and better, it really deserves all the support.
(2012-07-01, 21:00)dekani Wrote: I have started to add the pvr/live tv functionalities. (Home and settings screen updated, I'm actually starting the tv channel screen)

Hi very nice, if you need pvr-testing just tell me. regarding live-tv picture on home-screen I don't follow up :=)

Cheers!

Stoli, I have a request please.
This is more for XBMC itself than the Metropolis skin...
Do you know where I could disable the pop-up "Cache Full..." that shows up when I jump ahead during Video Podcasts? (TWiT, Revision 3, etc)

Thank you very much
(2012-07-02, 17:25)jingai Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 00:03)dekani Wrote: Is it possible to add the full resource for id : 31451 instead of recommended only ? (in french recommended and films/tv shows/... need to be inverted to be displayed correctly)

It's possible, but all of those strings are broken up like that currently. It would just mean 9 new strings instead of 3 (and re-using 3 strings).

Is there some other word you could use instead of Recommended? Like maybe just use "Watchlist", since that's what it really is anyway?

No need to change it, I have changed the french translation to keep the same display order...
I have just submitted a pull request with the french resource changes.
(2012-07-06, 20:02)dekani Wrote: No need to change it, I have changed the french translation to keep the same display order...
I have just submitted a pull request with the french resource changes.

Merged. Thanks dekani!
Ok, probably a stupid question: I saw that the Music tab now has a 'Music Video' selection... where do I put them?

I have a folder on the server named "Music Videos", it's defined as a source of "Music Videos", with "Music Videos" as the contents and pointing to the Last.FM scraper... everything scrapes, get nfo files, thumbs and everything.. but nothing shows in the Music Video selection...

HuhHuh?
I have submitted a first pull request for the PVR support. Please see the details and screenshots here : PVR Support
(2012-07-14, 17:48)dekani Wrote: I have submitted a first pull request for the PVR support. Please see the details and screenshots here : PVR Support

Thanks dekani - I've merged the request. For those using PVR's, can you please test this out? I hate to merge something blindly, but I know there have been several requests for PVR support.

If this works well I'll push an update to the official repo to get all of jingai's work in the main branch.

-stoli-
Any chance of seeing season fanart and customizable home-screen items anytime soon? I requested it months ago and you said it would be added soon, but I haven't seen anything.
I'm back in town now. I'll go through the backlog of issues/requests probably this weekend.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis Development0