Compatability with Onkyo TX-NR708 ?
Question 
Hi

I was told that this software suite would work with my Onkyo TX-NR708 Network/Internet receiver, however, I could not find any such option to configure it as a 'source'....or this program as a source so I can stream audio via the Internet and Intranet (LAN) to my receiver.

The receiver supports the following:
  • PLS, M3U and RSS Streams
  • vTuner Internet Radio
  • Pandora Internet Radio
  • XM/Sirius
  • Last.fm
  • Rhapsody
  • Slacker
  • Merdiafly
  • Napster
  • WMA
  • MP3
  • OGG
  • WAV
  • FLAC
  • AAC
  • LPCM
  • Windows Media Player 11 & 12
  • Windows Media Connect 2.x
  • DLNA

Currently I have it connected to my Mikrotik router via CAT-6 cable and can stream audio from the services listed above. I have not tried to use any Windows Media Player app or any other 3rd party app. I have my receiver setup with a static IP as well. All LAN machines are on the same sub-net.

I was told I could use XBMC as a media server itself and thus stream music to my receiver. Is this possible??

Tnx

Tim
XBMC is a uPnP client, so you can probably add your receiver as a uPnP server. Add a source and in the Browse dialog choose "uPnP Devices".

(2012-03-27, 21:53)n9nu Wrote: I was told I could use XBMC as a media server itself and thus stream music to my receiver. Is this possible??

This is the way you'd normally use XBMC. If your HTPC has an HDMI out you just connect this to the Onkyo then play everything on XBMC.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compatability with Onkyo TX-NR708 ?0