[MOD] 10 Recently Added Movies Centered
This mod is courtesy of BigBully

It centralises the Recently Added Movies and ups it to 10.
Removes the Recently Added TV Shows.
Works on Videos and Movies menu.

Looks awesome if you ask me.

Tested on ATV2 - Eden final build.

IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-725feead.html

I set my movies at 10 and tv shows at 8.
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

Is there a way to have this only show unwatched recently added items?
I like having the episodes and movies but I want it to only show unwatched recently added items from each...
יונתן בן-חיים
As I understand , some one correct me if I am wrong , but its hard coded
and can't be changed. It wont remove the ones that has been watched from the list.

(2012-03-29, 21:25)nokdim Wrote: Is there a way to have this only show unwatched recently added items?
I like having the episodes and movies but I want it to only show unwatched recently added items from each...

(2012-03-27, 22:11)danmedhurst Wrote: This mod is courtesy of BigBully

It centralises the Recently Added Movies and ups it to 10.
Removes the Recently Added TV Shows.
Works on Videos and Movies menu.

Looks awesome if you ask me.

Tested on ATV2 - Eden final build.

IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-725feead.html

Thanks for the thread Dan. I'm glad we finally got it all figured out.
how do you change the # of items?
(2012-03-30, 21:20)Abe Froman Wrote: how do you change the # of items?

You have to add additional items or remove from the code starting with
Code:
<item id="1">
        <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Title)]</label>
        <label2></label2>
        <onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Path)])</onclick>
        <icon>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.1.Thumb)]</icon>
        <thumb>-</thumb>
</item>

There should already be 10 in the mod. If you want less than remove 10, 9, 8, etc. Unfortunately, 10 is the limit. The recently added movies display is hard coded to allow only 10 and can't be changed.
Any way to remove the text below the posters? Seems redundant since the poster has the name. Then poster could be bigger.
(2012-04-03, 17:17)Abe Froman Wrote: Any way to remove the text below the posters? Seems redundant since the poster has the name. Then poster could be bigger.

Yes, but it's not as simple as a code omit. The size and possibly positions of the backgrounds will have to be changed as well otherwise there will be an empty space under the posters. Also, the text "Latest Movies" will probably need to be moved up. Let me know what you want and I'll try and work on it over the holiday weekend. Also, tell me what you want for the TV Shows.
(2012-04-03, 18:59)bigbully Wrote: The size and possibly positions of the backgrounds will have to be changed as well otherwise there will be an empty space under the posters. Also, the text "Latest Movies" will probably need to be moved up. Let me know what you want and I'll try and work on it over the holiday weekend. Also, tell me what you want for the TV Shows.

I think it would look really clean with the size and positions of the backgrounds changed, and the movie title text removed.

TV looks great as it is.

One more thing - how did you add "Home movies" and "Elana's Room" ? Need an item like that for Pseudotv program script.

Thanks
(2012-04-03, 19:15)Abe Froman Wrote: I think it would look really clean with the size and positions of the backgrounds changed, and the movie title text removed.

TV looks great as it is.

Check this one out. http://www.datafilehost.com/download-b2e4e307.html

I disabled the movie titles, but instead of reducing the size of the background boxes I increased the size of the movie posters. This way the size is still the same as the TV Shows. I think it looks better this way when switching back and forth between Movies or Videos and TV Shows.

(2012-04-03, 19:15)Abe Froman Wrote: One more thing - how did you add "Home movies" and "Elana's Room" ? Need an item like that for Pseudotv program script.

This is a mod to the home.xml. "Home Videos" is a menu I added that points directly to the home vid files list and "Elena's Room" is a menu that points directly to the "Kids" genre list. I'll post details later.
Make Smartplaylists
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

I couldn't figure it out.
(2012-04-12, 18:29)Abe Froman Wrote: I couldn't figure it out.

You need to add a new item under the first content section in the home.xml

search for the first <content> and you should see a number of items that are uniquely ID'd. Create your own item with a new unique ID that points to the script you want.

For example I have:
Code:
<content>
                    <item id="7">
                        <label>8</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Weather)</onclick>
                        <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/north_america.jpg</icon>
                        <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Weather_Folder)]</thumb>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoWeatherButton) + !IsEmpty(Weather.Plugin)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="4">
                        <label>1</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Pictures)</onclick>
                        <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/pictures.jpg</icon>
                        <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Pictures_Folder)]</thumb>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoPicturesButton)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="14">
                        <label>Home Videos</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;/Volumes/iTunes Movies/Videos/&quot;,return)</onclick>
                        <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
                    </item>

You can see that I added item 14 and the onclick section points to the directory where I store my home videos. The order that you list the IDs is the order they will display from left to right. label is the name that will display, icon is the background wallpaper image that will display. You'll need to figure out what the link is for your script though. It will go between the semi-colons in the onclick section.

Got it thanks.

<item id="14">
<label>PseudoTV</label>
<onclick>RunScript(script.pseudotv)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/pseudotv.jpg</icon>
</item>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] 10 Recently Added Movies Centered2