File stacking does not work in Eden?!
Hi,

I have local nfo-files for my movies. Movies with multiple parts (e.g. foo.disc1.avi, foo.disc2.avi) are not stacked but are shown seperately in my video list in Eden.
How can I fix this? It's been a while, but I thought that in XBMC 10, file stacking worked... So is it a bug in Eden or do I have to enable it somewhere first?

thx
Stacking has always been a button on the left.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I noticed that if you play the movie through the recently added list on the top that it won't stack them. It will only play the first file. However it will play it fine if you go into the video library.
(2012-03-28, 02:45)jmarshall Wrote: Stacking has always been a button on the left.

Well, but unfortunately this button is greyed out in my menu... So, what's wrong. How can i enable it?
It's only grayed out if you're in an unstackable listing (eg a listing you've specified as tvshows) or if you're in the library (which is already stacked).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Umm, I'm in the "normal" view I think. I simply go to Videos >> Movies. And movies in multiple parts are not shown as one movie but each part is shown seperately. (e.g. like "The French Connection" in this screenshot: Image)

Don't know how to switch to a "stackable listing".

btw thx for your help jmarshall
that's a list of movies, not a list of files. you can't stack movies.
Umm ok. Then my question is: Is there a way that movies in multiple parts are shown as one movie in my list and when I select it, then all parts of it are played automatically? (i thought that is what hides behind "stacking"...)
It's done automatically when it scans. If it didn't stack, then it's because the files aren't stackable by the default regexps.

Go into the files node and you'll see they don't stack there either.

Mine are stacking fine with Eden
Movies\We Bought a Zoo (2011)/cd1
Movies\We Bought a Zoo (2011)/cd2
Alright, in the end it was my fault (what a surprise Wink). It didn't work because of the filenames, they have to be exactly the same but they were not.
Before: "Brennpunkt Brooklyn.disc1.HDD-OTRHQ.avi" & "Brennpunkt Brooklyn.disc2.HDD-OTR.avi" (the "HQ" was missing) --> didn't work
Now: "Brennpunkt Brooklyn.disc1.HDD-OTRHQ.avi" & "Brennpunkt Brooklyn.disc2.HDD-OTRHQ.avi" --> works

thx all
(File stacking - RESUME and "now playing" TAGLINE functionality)

Hi Everyone

I'm hoping I can be helped.

I've been running XBMC for three years, feel very comfortable with it. I've had my 600 DVD's all ripped as ISO's for the last year. All of the disc two's and so on used to just sit in their own folders and were inaccessible. Then in passing I was reading a thread about file stacking. I thought this would be great (no longer would I have a task that I'm never going to do; to make nfo files for all the supplemental discs.) So I have now moved them all into the primary folders and named them disc2, to be accessed by the pop up menu. Very awesome, even after three years XBMC still impresses me. I now can easily access all my supplementary discs.

However, all these stacked files have lost the ability to resume at mid point, as well the TAGLINE is gone from the now playing info overlay. Which isn't major but it takes away from the polished feel of everything.

If there is anything I can modify or add on that can change this, your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

GGG
(2012-03-29, 09:56)jmarshall Wrote: It's done automatically when it scans. If it didn't stack, then it's because the files aren't stackable by the default regexps.

Go into the files node and you'll see they don't stack there either.
That's just the thing. Library mode shows duplicates, files doesn't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File stacking does not work in Eden?!1