No recursive scanning for TV shows content
Thanks, I appreciate your help but still stuck!

So I tried

sftp [email protected]

get /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log

It seemed to work, says:

Fetching /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log to xbmc.log

But I still have the same problem, I don't know where this file will be downloaded to on my local computer/laptop! Not in c:/
Finally - I managed to use FireFTP to log in and download the files at the suggestion of a friend (thank goodness for Facebook!)

I have now downloaded the log, you can see it here: XBMC Log

Basically, I went into settings, activated debug, went to TV shows, tried to update library, it didnt find anything, I went back to settings and deactivated debug and downloaded. Hope thats okay

Anyone have any suggestions?

Which show has new content? Go to TV Show information and Refresh -> Refresh all episodes.

Grab the Debug Log of that if it doesn't work.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

All shows - as stated in my first post, its downloading the show details, but it doesnt recognise that any of the shows have any episodes

Will have to wait on logs, thought I would try and install Plex to see how that goes, but something went wrong and now my ATV wont boot so trying a restore
Okay, I am now running ATV 5.1, XBMC Eden (thanks to all those who contributed getting XMBC to work with the new iOS!!, now if only I could fix this problem!)

I re-added all my TV shows, All shows were found, but only 2 random episodes, one each from 2 different shows.

I then aquired the latest episode of Game of Thrones - The Renamer renames an puts into my TV directory. Strangely enough it updated both the show and the episode without issue. Nothing else has been updated though - still missing most episodes for almost everything else.

I started the Debug log, removed 'Game of Thrones' from my library, then Update Library to see what happens. Again, all show and episode data for just this show found and added. You can see this from about line 357 in the log file below

Here is a log file from trying 'Update Library': http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1135

I then tried going into the TV shows, hold 'MENU' > TV Show Information > Refresh to update one of the problem shows. Should be 3 episodes here, is finding none

THis is the log file from that: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1136
Did you tell it to refresh the episodes as well as the show?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

You mean when I 'refresh' and it says 'Refresh Info for all episodes'? Put Yes for that
And if you go straight into files and into that folder does xbmc actually see the files? As from your log, it doesn't have any episodes there afaics.

No, it doesnt see the files within the folder if I go Video > Files > Add Videos and navigate to the folder

In saying that, it doesnt see the episodes for the ones it cant find and it also doesnt see couple it can - like the game of thrones episode

That's your first problem then. If it's not listing files, it can't possibly add them to the library. It's possibly a smb sharing issue.

For the ones you can see from Video->Files that don't get added to the library, do a refresh on that show (and all episodes) and the Debug Log will tell you why.

Try reading the stickies or even the links in people's posts Smile
Sorry, I dont think my last post was clear.

My file structure is eg: XMBC -> TV -> Game of Thrones -> Game of Thrones S02E01.mp4

In Video -> Files I can navigate to all folders for each TV show (eg: XMBC -> TV -> Game of Thrones).

However, inside each folder I can not see actual video files at all - regardless of whether this is one of the episodes that magically did add to my library (eg: Game of thrones) or one of the ones that doesnt (eg: Big Bang Theory)

g-off, thanks for your suggestion but I have been reading everything I can find. If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to contribute.

I've just tried using my work laptop on my home network to navigate to the folders I shared above. I am able to see all folders and all files when connecting in this way so probably not a windows SMB issue? For some reason its just XBMC that cant see them (or an AppleTV issue perhaps?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No recursive scanning for TV shows content0