TVDB problems, debug log here
Hey,

I have IMDB working fine on eden beta 3, but can't get TVDB to scrape (Unable to connect to remote server). I can't find a solution searching, and I've got the debug log here, if someone could help me figure it out I'd be greatful!

http://pastebin.com/mAbd8D12 ( I tried to shorten it by deleting most of the irrelevant part... let me know if I deleted too much, because most of what's in there is meaningless to me).
Perfect debug log Smile

Quote:Searching for 'TV' using The TVDB scraper

There's your problem. You want to "Set Content" on the TV folder. Then, make sure you have "THIS folder contains a single TV show" deselected (as clearly there are multiple shows in there, right?)

To summarize, lay your files out as follows:

D:\Videos\TV\<showname>\<showfiles>

Set content on the "TV" folder to tvshows. Use default out of the box settings. Done.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Perfect debug log Smile

There's your problem. You want to "Set Content" on the TV folder. Then, make sure you have "THIS folder contains a single TV show" deselected (as clearly there are multiple shows in there, right?)

To summarize, lay your files out as follows:

D:\Videos\TV\<showname>\<showfiles>

Set content on the "TV" folder to tvshows. Use default out of the box settings. Done.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Hmm, but I didn't have that option selected... I checked, and made sure it's deselected, but I still get the error about being unable to connect to the remote server.

The weird thing is that imdb worked fine! Also, when I navigate to a folder that actually does only contain one show, it is properly labelled within set content, as tv, and as all one show in the folder. I get the exact same error message when I try to update content in just that one folder. Unable to connect to remote server.
Note down exactly how your tvshows are laid out inside the D:\Videos\TV folder.

XBMC expects the layout I specified in my post above: D:\Videos\TV\<showname>\[other optional subfolders\]<episodefiles that match the layouts we search for>
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I'll have to check that when I get home tonight.

I think it is just D:\video\tv\Dexter\Season 1\*name of episode*.s01e02.avi

Is that too many levels of folders? At this point I'm considering the option of putting all TV shows into a single folder with no organization. D:\TV\*epidode of random show*

I don't understand why my error message would say unable to contact remote server. That sounds like a connection issue, not a file system issue.

If it's not, I'd suggest the error message be altered to avoid confusion in the future. Ideally it would say something more vague "no results found from remote server," if indeed it did connect, but came back with nothing.
It also seems reasonable that the scraper should have an option to only look at the file name, not the folder path. Who cares if I named my video folder "awesome videos" with a subfolder of "less awesome" and yet another one inside that of "mediocre videos"?

And also, if XBMC is able to "clean" my file names to find the important parts (e.g. reducing EpisodeTitle720pAACaudio, to just EpisodeTitle), couldn't the scraper just search based on XBMC's automatically-cleaned-up title? It seems that might work better.
That layout is perfect. XBMC doesn't care what subfolders are there except for the folders directly inside the "TV" folder. These are what it uses to find the show name. After that, you can have season folders or whatever - we don't care.

There's definitely a scraper setup problem, as the scraper is set on D:\Videos\ and is searching for "TV". You need to set content on the D:\Videos\ folder to None, then set content on the D:\Videos\TV folder to TV Shows and make sure that "Selected folder contains a single TV show" is deselected.

After that, there does seem to be a connection issue (error code 7 which is CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT) - what happens when you go here (link from your log) in a browser on that same machine:

http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php...anguage=en

Cheers,
Jonathan

I'm both happy and sorry to report that it just suddenly started working, and I hadn't done anything. I believe the video folder was already set to nothing, and the tv folder was already set to tv. I wish I could report I figured out what was wrong.

Maybe it was a tvdb website issue? Or maybe my Eden just needed to be restarted form some setting to kick in... Thanks for your help!
FYI, I believe this problem was caused by Peerblock preventing me from reaching the TVDB server. Just FYI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB problems, debug log here0