• 3(current)
Attention ALL translators
Since I'm planning to update Russian translation with recent GUI changes and also to finalize Ukrainian translation, I'd like to know how I should proceed: to wait for a new system launch or to use old procedure via Trac/pull requests?
An what about standard plugins? (No one has answered my question)
Please wait. It is only a few days now.

Thanks.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Any news? Im planing to start translation to estonian.
(2012-05-05, 17:18)J6mpsikas Wrote: Any news? Im planing to start translation to estonian.

Based on the commits in GIT the translation system for .po files is already available...I think the guys are preparing transifex or similar to get the translation stuff handled more easily...
So let's wait a day or twi
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-05-05, 18:37)mad-max Wrote:
(2012-05-05, 17:18)J6mpsikas Wrote: Any news? Im planing to start translation to estonian.

Based on the commits in GIT the translation system for .po files is already available...I think the guys are preparing transifex or similar to get the translation stuff handled more easily...
So let's wait a day or twi

Indeed :-)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I need some volunteers testing the new translation system. We'd like to make a test period to see what to tune until we announce the system for big time translation.

What is needed:
- Ability to compile latest GIT revision.
- Time for testing :-)

If you want to participate, please write to alanwww1@xbmc.org

Thanks
(2012-05-06, 20:50)alanwww1 Wrote: - Ability to compile latest GIT revision.

Just to be clear: what software and on what systems we are talking about?
(2012-05-07, 10:01)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2012-05-06, 20:50)alanwww1 Wrote: - Ability to compile latest GIT revision.

Just to be clear: what software and on what systems we are talking about?

It is a web based translation system on transifex.org. Runs in any brwoser on any operation system.
I think he mean "compile latest git of what?" You mean xbmc, right? Man, could you be more cryptic and secretive?
(2012-05-07, 10:26)takoi Wrote: I think he mean "compile latest git of what?" You mean xbmc, right? Man, could you be more cryptic and secretive?

Sorry, but I have very little time nowadays.
Yes you need latest version of xbmc from git to test the new language files.
On windows you can download a pre compiled nightly version from here : http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/
I believe we have not updated the linux ppa, so on linux you would need a compile for that.

Cheers !
@alanwww1

Is there an easy way to turn the strings.xml files to the strings.po format? I am asking because I haven't updated the Greek translations since you said we should wait for the service release of Eden 11.0 before adding any new GIT edits.

Should I make pull requests now for the GIT changes in strings.xml and you (or someone else) will change that to the strings.po format, or is there any script or website so that I can make the changes myself?
@CutSickAss:
You might compile this:
https://github.com/alanwww1/xbmc-xml2po

@attila:
Maybe you can upload a compiled copy for the translators that worked on the latest translations within the xml but don't have to po file ready?
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-05-07, 19:50)mad-max Wrote: @CutSickAss:
You might compile this:

I'm worse than a noob in programming, but VC 2010 displays an error when trying to compile a build due to an ablolute path in \vc_project\libiconv\relocatable.c, line #29:
Code:
#include "C:\Users\Atti\xbmc-xml2po\vc_project\libiconv\include\config.h"
When I've changed the path to the actual location of the file in question, I've been able to compile xbmc-xml2po.exe that seems to work.

Quote:@attila:
Maybe you can upload a compiled copy for the translators that worked on the latest translations within the xml but don't have to po file ready?

Here is a Windows version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/xbmc-xml2po.zip
(2012-05-07, 19:50)mad-max Wrote: @CutSickAss:
You might compile this:

Thanks, worked like a charm! From a first look there are no visible problems in the Greek translation such as strange characters. Will make pull requests in github later tonight. A couple of questions though:

1) Can I add the original translator's name in the "Last Translator" section? I was thinking of something like this: "Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>___Original-translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"

2) An even sillier question: Compiling xbmc-xml2po to an executable file using VC++ 2010 Express and mentioning it here, for example, would be considered distributing, and, therefore, in violation of the License Agreement, right? I suppose that is why no-one has done that.

EDIT: Roman_V_M beat me to the punch regarding my second question, by posting a link to the precompiled executable before I finished typing...
(2012-05-07, 21:09)CutSickAss Wrote: 2) An even sillier question: Compiling xbmc-xml2po to an executable file using VC++ 2010 Express and mentioning it here, for example, would be considered distributing, and, therefore, in violation of the License Agreement, right? I suppose that is why no-one has done that.

Sorry, but what License Agreement you are talking about? AFAIU, xbmc-xml2po is open source under GPL or something like that.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Attention ALL translators0