Need advice on compatible device
hi forum i am a new member and i need advice on what device to buy for building me a xbmc powered streaming client.

i own a pch a-210 which sole purpose is to stream any kind of media from my qnap nas.

i'd like to know if there is any kind of device on the market that has the ability to run xmbc and also accomplishes the following points.

- no fans
- gbit ethernet (not a must)
- remote control
- 24p
- 1080p

i read about the new atv3 but afaik it doesnt support br rips coz they are usually 24p. is there any other device you can recommend for me?

thanks in advance
ATV3 also can't be jailbroken yet, so XBMC won't go on one of those for a while. I think a Crystalbuntu ATV1 might meet all your requirements. I really like Zotac boxes too, but they cost a bit more and I don't know if they make anything without fans. I'd love to hear what you eventually get and how you like it; please keep us posted. Good luck!
muchas gracias. i didnt know that a pimped atv1 is able to show 1080p content. i will definatly look into those zotac boxes.
This one should meet your needs- Zotac ZBOX-ID80-PLUS-U Intel NM10 2 x 204Pin NVIDIA GeForce GT520M Mini / Booksize Barebone System
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
That zotac box has a fan. Get a Shuttle XS35GT - passively cooled so meets his requirements.
thanks for your reply as well, prae5. i looked up all your suggestions but all of them are kinda big for what i want to do tbh because they all are complete pcs Smile
i was just looking for a streaming client. for all the other things that those pc's you suggested can do i already have other hardware in my living room Smile

i think my best option is to wait for the atv3 - or are there any other devices that are kinda like the apple tv except with 24p support.
the shuttle xs35gt is smaller than a wii - its about as compact as they come currently.....
I LOVE ATV1 (wiki) + BCHD (wiki). Get a used ATV1, the BCHD 15, and total cost is under $100. Replace the OS with Crystalbuntu (wiki) and it plays everything quick and fast.

Want a little more? check out one of these guys:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856119056

Or many other "nettops" like it.
(2012-03-28, 20:08)Ned Scott Wrote: Want a little more? check out one of these guys:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856119056

First of all, sorry for hijacking the thread, but I just want to ask if this device can play 10bit anime when XBMC support it? All I just want is to watch some 10bit anime and sometimes 1080p contents, nothing more. I'm not a tech savvy so these are new to me.

Sorry and thank you in advance.

@ned Scott

Thanks for pointing me in the atv1 direction. The combination with the BCHD looks appealing to me.
Does it cover 24p ? I read about stuttering on 1080 content. Is that still an issue with newer model of the card?
I also read about laggy menus if you have a lot of movies in your directories.
Just to keep you guys updated, I just bought myself an ATV2 with firmware 4.4.4 on ebay. I'll will try it out and have a look if it suits my needs.

Thanks for your suggestions so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need advice on compatible device0