• 47(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Also sent an email.

In regard to the license issues: Wheb I bought my Archos 101 tablet I had to buy a additional "Cinema plugin" to have it support MPEG2/AC3. The link to their store for the G9 version:
http://www.archos.com/store/plugsearch.h...rchos101g9

Couldn't a similar approach be used?

Keep up the good work!
Positive answer from Allwinner:

Quote:Dear XBMC Members,

Thanks for your keen interest in A10 as well as your great patience. Lately we have received more than 120+ emails from you guys asking for further support on XBMC which has attracted us great attention. Again we have discussed your request seriously and an agreement has been reached that Allwinner will try our best to support the community and in order to support standard firmware like XBMC Allwinner will modify the framework of CedarX if necessary. Weng has always been one of you and he gets to know Allwinner platform as well as CedarX very well with the past years' of support from Allwinner. We have asked him to contact Gimli and J1nx to figure out your actual needs. Hope with the joint efforts A10 hardware accelerator can be performed on XMBC ASAP.

Again thank you very much for each of you and your efforts on A10 open source projects.

Have a nice weekend.

Best regards,
Eva
(2012-07-20, 16:41)barca23 Wrote: Positive answer from Allwinner:

Thanks for your keen interest in A10 as well as your great patience. Lately we have received more than 120+ emails from you guys asking for further support on XBMC which has attracted us great attention. Again we have discussed your request seriously and an agreement has been reached that Allwinner will try our best to support the community and in order to support standard firmware like XBMC Allwinner will modify the framework of CedarX if necessary. Weng has always been one of you and he gets to know Allwinner platform as well as CedarX very well with the past years' of support from Allwinner. We have asked him to contact Gimli and J1nx to figure out your actual needs. Hope with the joint efforts A10 hardware accelerator can be performed on XMBC ASAP.

Again thank you very much for each of you and your efforts on A10 open source projects.

Have a nice weekend.

Best regards,
Eva

Great news!

I've just received the same answer Big Grin
(2012-07-20, 16:43)Kweker Wrote: I've just received the same answer Big Grin

Got the same as well, they probably did not noticed the domain I was emailing them from Rofl
I registered just so I could post this. Guess I'm slow. My hardware is already on order.

A special thanks to Pivos is likely due as their efforts likely helped break the dam, allowing information to come forward.
Good inititial news, but hold your horses!

I am a sceptical person; So let's see what comes out of it.
(2012-07-20, 16:56)j1nx Wrote: Good inititial news, but hold your horses!

+1

You are right, of course. But it doesn't hurt to enjoy the moment.

Of course, when I wrote that, I had hoped you were already in receivership of some technical tidbits as a result ofthe campaign. Though I guess even that was a bit naive and premature.

Well, fingers crossed.
(2012-07-20, 16:41)barca23 Wrote: Positive answer from Allwinner:

Have a nice weekend.

Best regards,
Eva

Boo! Hiss! You just beat me to it. Big Grin
They know where their market is so things are looking bright.
Just checking the mailbox, got from Eva 2 hours ago. Looks XBMC Dev is back on track, again thank both XBMC Team and AllWinner's effort !
YAY!
Well done folks!
Fingers crossed and good luck!
I was thinking more about the licencing.

Assuming Allwinner actually pay for the licenses, aren't those licenses based on a per CHIP basis? I mean, what we talked about earlier, the BCM 970012 chips, Broadcom payed for the licenses, sold the chips (and thus sold us a license) for that chip. The driver should not matter in anyway way.

So Allwinner has a license for the decoder, it's baked into the chip, the moment the chip is sold, so is the license. Done. The library doesn't need to be seperatly purchased to obtain (yet a nother) license.

(2012-07-20, 16:58)gimli Wrote:

+1

While I assume so, I do hope that "Opensource" is also heavly discussed. Getting the chip working, using it with XBMC is nice and great, but the goal to aim for full opensourceness would be the ideal Smile
Hopefully something tangible can really come out of this!! Plz keep us updated devs!!
Glad to see this type of community support for the A10 platform... I am also equally encouraged by AllWinner's pledge of aid to the XBMC community. I'm not heading out and buying gear just yet, but the appearance of a desire for some sort of join venture / development collaboration of the CedarX library as it relates to XBMC is indeed encouraging. Hopefully this will turn into a tangible release of XBMC on the A10 with full video acceleration on Linux and Android over the coming months. Best of luck Devs...

~Slice
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15