• 96(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
HAHAHA "The problem is that the XBMC devs are too slack to implement hardware video decoding".

No, the thing is, XBMC is GPL software license and we can't just include any old code dump without making sure the license is compatible with GPLv2. All those private source media players don't have to live under GPL, we do.
I love it when people have no clue and jump to conclusions.
It would help to include an option to use an external player on android. Through advancedsettings for example.
(2013-01-04, 20:55)Nu7s Wrote: It would help to include an option to use an external player on android. Through advancedsettings for example.

Those that have done this seem to have forgotten about the 'push it upstream' part Smile
(2013-01-04, 21:09)davilla Wrote:
(2013-01-04, 20:55)Nu7s Wrote: It would help to include an option to use an external player on android. Through advancedsettings for example.

Those that have done this seem to have forgotten about the 'push it upstream' part Smile

Now, that is my second LOL for today Rofl

2013 appears to be a funny year!
I don't understand making comparisons between XBMC and simple videoplayers. In my opinion a lot of people don't know the possibilities of using XBMC and they probably just use it as a mediaplayer. They fail to see it's a full media center experience. Okay... playback itself is important. If you only need playback then you probably do not need XBMC at all, then use mplayer or vlc
I really like the scraping of media folders into libraries, it's great. Simple subtitle search, it has numerous features that MX player will never have. And if Mxplayer would grow and grow, then it will most likely be
1. not free to use all those features
2. Android only?
3. Closed source
Who's that guy anyway? An employee of Allwinner?
Hi Guys, I just started to follow this thread as i dig deep down into a the XBMC for Allwinner10 scene, could anybody post the closest fully working build/image ?

I tried running one of the builds from Jas-Hacks >> http://jas-hacks.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/...-xbmc.html
however it lacks wifi support any luck with that ?
Here you go;
http://linux-sunxi.org/XBMC
Yeah, however it is not been able to able have a fully working wifi-manager
any guide on that ?
Hi,

http://jas-hacks.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/...-xbmc.html

sounds interesting. I would mainly use my gooseberry (Allwinner A10) to stream music from my NAS. Unfortunately my AV Receiver Pioneer VSX920 has no DLNA support. I knew I should have waited for the VSX921. Sad

Running xmbc for android is almost useless on the gooseberry as it is really slow by just loading the playlists from my nas and it crashes now and then. I guess this is because of only having 512MB Ram on the goose. I will definitely checkout jas image and report.

Finally, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Smile
(2013-01-07, 22:58)Rok1337 Wrote: Running xmbc for android is almost useless on the gooseberry as it is really slow by just loading the playlists from my nas and it crashes now and then. I guess this is because of only having 512MB Ram on the goose.

My Raspberry Pi only has 256MB and it's reasonably fast... Not on Android offcourse.
any news on A31?
I'm waiting for new on a A128439 Smile
Me and my friend nick Shanauroff are the members of a Russian forum 4pda.ru. Recently we have tried to create an image of Ubuntu with XBMC installed. You can read about this image and download it here http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic...p=18635067 using Google Translate.

I understand that this will not be translated quite right. But I think you can understand everything.

Also we are interested in people who can help us improve decoding performance and increase player version to RC3 Frodo.

Tnx.
Kostymat, compiled with cedarx version of gimli of empatz0?
In that forum where is the link to download the image?

Perhaps its to early but libstagefright seems also to be very interesting so far I known.

• 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15