Help needed with Universal Remote
I'm just starting out with XBMC and i'm really impressed with what I've seen so far. My problem is that I want to setup XBMC to control it with my Philips Pronto Pro Universal remote and cat seem to get it. I've read the relevant wiki sections on remote, I know I'm supposed to enter a <universalremote> window in the keyboard.xml file and that the structure should be something along these lines:

<universalremote>
<obc#>Command</obc#>
</universalremote>

My problem is that I don't understand where I get the obc# number. Is there a table I can look to which corresponds all the XBMC commands to obc numbers for Pronto remotes? Am I missing something?

Thank you for your time and sorry if I'm missing something obvious, I'm really new at this!
Guys, anyone?
I think you would need to convert your pronto hex to JP1 which uses OBCs but I'm not sure which protocol it wants. It would probably be easier to just program the Pronto to use Windows Media Center RC6 codes, MCE remotes are well supported in xbmc.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Thanks for your answer Dilligaf. I guess MCE could be a last resort option but I would really like to master OBCs since I would like to have the Pronto perform more advanced functions than a simple movie play or stop. For instance I'd like to toggle subtitles or audio streams from movie files with the touch of a button and I don't think that MCE remotes have such functionality.

If anyone could give me instructions on how to match which obc number with XBMC functions I'd be grateful.
lirc + Lircmap.xml
All windows environment but thanks anyway, basco.
Looking in remote.xml it states:

To map keys from other remotes using the RCA protocol, you may add <universalremote> blocks -->
<!-- In this case, the tags used are <obc#> where # is the original button code (OBC) of the key -->
<!-- You set it up by adding a <universalremote> block to the window or <global> section: -->
<!-- <universalremote> -->
<!-- <obc45>Stop</obc45> -->
<!-- </universalremote> -->

So it wants the RCA protocol. You would have to make an upgrade in JP1 assigning a OBC using the RCA protocol to each button and then convert to pronto hex and load it to your remote, next you have to make a custom remote.xml telling xbmc what to do with each OBC, There may be a baseline .xml in system/keymaps to use as a starting point, if there is copy it to userdata/keymaps and edit it from there. You can use the existing remote.xml as a guide. I remember doing this from scratch what seems like 10+ years ago before remote support matured with a homemade serial IR receiver, it's not really hard but very time consuming and tedious. Definitely a learning experience. In the end you'll end up with the same functionality that you will have using MCE protocol and customizing remote.xml to your liking. Remember that MCE has many keys defined that you don't have keys for on a MCE remote. With the pronto I think there is also the possibility of emulating a MCE keyboard, then it's just a question of assigning keyboard keys to your remote buttons. Study the remote.xml structure and you will see how the same key has different functions depending on current screen/activity.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed with Universal Remote0