Naming convention for 2 movies on 1 disk?
Some of the movies I have are old movies that have multiple movies on a single disk. For example: 'High Plains Drifter' and 'Joe Kidd' are on a single DVD. How can I name this properly for XBMC to list both movies?
If this is possible, I think this should be written to the WIKI..
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Hmm I would say that you would probably have to rip them using makemkv to get two files then rename accordingly.( makemkv will (obviously) encode them to mkv files)
I havent come across a way of scraping 2 files on 1 dvd although you could create nfos for the separate segments of the dvd (horrible workaround IMO)
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
XBMC can do this for multiple TV episodes in a single file, but not for multiple movies. I would go with leepenny's advice, but I believe makemkv can do the job without any re-encoding, so the quality should be preserved.
(2012-10-27, 13:37)leepenny Wrote: Hmm I would say that you would probably have to rip them using makemkv to get two files then rename accordingly.( makemkv will (obviously) encode them to mkv files)
I havent come across a way of scraping 2 files on 1 dvd although you could create nfos for the separate segments of the dvd (horrible workaround IMO)

The problem is that I'd like to preserve them in .iso format
You can make a symlink to the iso and name it as the second film.
(2012-10-27, 21:06)scudlee Wrote: You can make a symlink to the iso and name it as the second film.

Hey, that's not a bad idea. I think this might be the best bet for now. Thanks, man!
(2012-10-27, 20:47)Orgy Wrote: [quote='leepenny' pid='1223796' dateline='1351337835']
Hmm I would say that you would probably have to rip them using makemkv to get two files then rename accordingly.( makemkv will (obviously) encode them to mkv files)

Im intrigued as to the reasoning for keeping it as an iso file (just being nosey LOL)

(2012-10-28, 00:27)leepenny Wrote:
(2012-10-27, 20:47)Orgy Wrote: [quote='leepenny' pid='1223796' dateline='1351337835']

Im intrigued as to the reasoning for keeping it as an iso file (just being nosey LOL)

Because I don't know very much about media, and keeping everything as a single file while still preserving the menus and everything else along with being ready to burn onto disk seems a lot more simple to me than learning about other containers and the like

So I guess to sum it up: I'm lazy and ignorant.
I guess you need to balance your laziness between having to click through a menu every time you play it compared to having to rip it once.

If you do rip it, you lose the ability to burn onto a disk, but is that something you really value?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-10-28, 02:18)jmarshall Wrote: I guess you need to balance your laziness between having to click through a menu every time you play it compared to having to rip it once.

If you do rip it, you lose the ability to burn onto a disk, but is that something you really value?

I'd rather be prepared in case it's something I need, and creating a symlink isn't very difficult, so.
why not rip it to disk as backup then encode it (makemkv is sooooo easy) or even encode to mkv and put a few movies on a disk as backup files. In what event would would you need an iso as its not backed up already?

I would take a long look at the benefits of making your files more user friendly and the time it takes to do so IMO
Anyway good luck with the symlink option I hope this works well for your needs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming convention for 2 movies on 1 disk?0