(1) Default home screen section (2) Remove "Parent dir" button on ONE section only
Two questions in one (these questions are referring to the Windows version of Eden):

1) Where can I control what "section" XBMC defaults to on the Home Screen? Mine keeps defaulting to the "Music" section -- ie, when I log in, that's what section is focused on. I'd like it to be focused on the "Videos" section.

2) I am aware that I can remove the "Parent dir" icon by switching that off in the settings, but I'd like to just turn it off in ONE screen. It's the screen where you view all of your video sources, "Home Screen -> Videos -> Files". Within my sections, there is some nesting, so I'd like to keep the parent dir button there, but on the screen that has my sources and that screen only I'd like to remove the parent dir button. Possible?
Just in case anyone ever visits this thread with a similar problem or problems, here's what I did as "solutions" for my origial post:

1) XBMC seems to try to default to the "middle" of the sections you have enabled on the Home screen. So, if I enabled "Pictures", "Videos", and "Music", XBMC centers on "Videos" when the home screen appears. If, however, I have "Pictures", "Videos", "Music", and "Programs", XBMC centers on "Music". I guess since there's no middle, the middle of 2 and 3 is 2.5 and it rounds up or something. Smile Anyway, I just re-added one of the sections I had disabled so that my desired section, "Videos", was in the "middle" and thus focused on by default in the home screen.

2) This doesn't seem to be easily possible. I just disabled all of them and am trying to get used to not having the little "up arrow" or ".." in the interface. Would be nice to figure out how to do it, but I guess it is more trouble than it is worth perhaps!
Correct, number 2 is not possible: It's all or nothing pretty much.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Copy that, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(1) Default home screen section (2) Remove "Parent dir" button on ONE section only0