How to Have Icons, rather than List as defaults
.... Rather than going into every video add-on.... And choosing it from there and I. Every subFolder.

I must be missing something, as surely there are global settings in the skin?
yes, I am missing that one too...
I have been wanting something like this for a while. A way to have shortcuts to certain add-on on the mains screen or add more to it.
The closest I have come to this is with EDEN I run AEON NOX and you can add to the favorites which appear on the main screan.

I'm not sure I understand the question. I believe that each skin has it's default view which you just change and then it stays that way.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I suspect this is more of a skin issue than XBMC. In Transparency! there is ~25 plugin sub menu's possible directly linked off the home page and more can be added via favorites, not to mention multiple custom home page links. I do link some... but I find it less confusing to just have a 'general' Video add-on folder. I maybe getting a wrong interpretation of the question, but you're looking for a short-cut?
Sorry, What I mean is;

In the Skin, while viewing Menus such as Video-Add-Ons, you can pull over the tab from the left, and choose Icon view for the contents of the window. You need to do this for every screen. So, for example, if your have iPlayer - you need to go into the first meant item, choose Icons, then go into each subsequent and do the same.

It would be great to be able to choose once and see all items, TV shows, Videos etc. as Icons or as List, by Default.
Change the <views>...</views> order in the relevant XML (MyPrograms, MyVideoNav, etc).
A method of changing all views for a selection of windows (not sure how they would be selected) from within the XBMC GUI would be a very awesome feature.
Hm, just change it once and the viewstate database will remember it for you.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-04-06, 09:10)vdrfan Wrote: Hm, just change it once and the viewstate database will remember it for you.

Here's an example of what we're talking about:

Let's say I go into Hulu and select a TV show and change the view. This is remembered for that TV show/entry, no problem. However, there is no way to change the default for all the other shows, or select them in some manner and apply the change.

Even outside of add-ons, I can think of lots of situations like this. Various folders in file view, for example.
See my post above to change the default view order.
...and see my post below that post saying it would be nice to have this in the GUI
This can be done!

Go to the view options which is the flyout Window on the left hand side and select View: thumbnail.
(2015-10-20, 00:55)sinkers Wrote: This can be done!

Go to the view options which is the flyout Window on the left hand side and select View: thumbnail.

If that sticks for multiple views or not depends on the add-on. Or rather, some add-ons have settings that allow you to select the default view mode for various areas. Otherwise, it won't remember the view type because it's normally some kind of dynamically generated list (I think).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Have Icons, rather than List as defaults0