Thumbnails - Path Substitution Log Errors
On my ATV2 I've noticed a lot of thumbnail related errors, but I'm not sure of the cause.

I'm running path substitution for my Thumbnails, pointing to my QNAP server. Using SQL and Path substitution all of my media shows up fine and plays well. But I have noticed if I do a library update from the ATV2 no posters or thumbnails show up after the scan.

Performing the update from my MBP which has the thumbnails folder symlinked to the QNAP thumbnails, everything scrapes fine. (I use media companion to scrape and rename my media prior to XBMC library update).

Log File: Log

A snippet:

Code:
13:17:31 T:110190592   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libafpclient.0.dylib)
13:17:31 T:110190592   DEBUG: Loading: /var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/libafpclient.0.dylib
13:17:31 T:110190592   DEBUG: AFP: Supported UAMs: Cleartxt Passwrd, No User Authent, Randnum Exchange, 2-Way Randnum Exchange, DHCAST128, DHX2
13:17:31 T:110190592   DEBUG: AFP: Connected to server Club336-NAS using UAM "DHX2"
13:17:31 T:110190592   DEBUG: AFP: Connected to volume Qmultimedia
13:17:31 T:110190592   ERROR: Create - Error( No such file or directory )
13:17:31 T:110190592   ERROR: Create - Error creating /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Music
13:17:31 T:110190592   ERROR: Create - Error creating special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music
13:17:31 T:110190592   ERROR: Create - Error creating /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Artists
13:17:31 T:110190592   ERROR: Create - Error creating special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/Artists
13:17:31 T:110190592   ERROR: Create - Error creating /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Music/LastFM
13:17:31 T:110190592   ERROR: Create - Error creating special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/LastFM
13:17:31 T:110190592   ERROR: Create - Error creating /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Video
13:17:31 T:110190592   ERROR: Create - Error creating special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video

Any ideas?

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Check if that thumnails folder is shared with write access for this user and that the filesystem permissions are sane for every subfolder in there.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-03-29, 10:42)Memphiz Wrote: Check if that thumnails folder is shared with write access for this user and that the filesystem permissions are sane for every subfolder in there.

Everything appears fine there Memphiz, read write access for every subfolder / file.

I'll investigate more when I can, away for the weekend.

Had a bit of time before I head up the coast, so I've checked all permissions, correct user has read / write, reset recursively, restarted XBMC on the ATV2 many times, but still the same errors persist.

Any other ideas on where to look? I'm only away for a couple of days.

*sigh* use another protocol. afp sucks ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
When I get home I'm going to have a go at setting up NFS across my whole network, I think the QNAP gets better read write that way anyway.

Two questions:

What's the issue with AFP?

Know some good reference material to get my head around permissions?

Looking for some knowledge, not just easy answers here.

Thanks Memphiz.

use the search please i'm sick of posting the afp things over and over again Sad
Sorry Memphiz, I actually meant some technical documentation. It's interesting to learn.

The open source library we use for AFP is full of bugs and was abandoned. It did bad touch on Memphiz.
Okay, thanks Ned. I guess it's on Git, I'll go have a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnails - Path Substitution Log Errors0