Another Custom Home Menu Button in Confluence Question
XBMC Version: 13.2 Gotham

Hey all - I have a couple of questions in relation to adding a button in the Confluence skin.

I want to add a Concerts directory with live Concerts and do NOT want those Concert videos showing in Movies in any way (ie: not in recently added, not in Title etc etc) but ONLY to show via the custom Concerts button.

Found what I think is the most recent following wiki:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Edit_the_ho...o_the_Menu

Under section 3: How to add a new button to the Menu it says:

Quote:Adding a button is pretty easy, you can just use the code of one of the other buttons as a template.

Here is the example given:

Code:
<item id="19">
    <label>Kids Movies</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Kids)</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
</item>

And here is an example of a button from my current Home.xml:

Code:
<item id="3">
    <label>31956</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Music)</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton)</visible>
</item>

Obviously the code example and the current code in Home.xml are different which leads me to.......

Questions:

1) Why does <label></label> appear with a numerical value for buttons in the current Home.xml file and do I follow the instructions on the current wiki or do I also need to use a numerical value for the custom Concerts button I want to create?

2) What does the following EXTRA line do which appears in current buttons and do I need to also add this to a custom button or is it not required?

eg:
Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton)</visible>

The wiki states that the video source, and in my case a Concerts directory, still needs to be added via Videos -> Add source.

3) If A numerical value is NOT required for <label></label> and the EXTRA line <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton)</visible> ARE NOT required then the following should work so long as I use an <item id=> which is not currently in use?

Code:
<item id="19">
    <label>Concerts</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Concerts)</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
</item>

4) If the above piece of code is all I need then which scraper would y'all recommend to use when adding the source Concerts directory?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to provide.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another Custom Home Menu Button in Confluence Question0