Store Fanart Locally
Hi,
First of all, my system is as follows:

I have an unRAID server which houses all my media, and XBMCbuntu (Eden) which connects to the Media share on the unRAID server. I used the Artwork Downloader add-on to fetch some extra fanart and posters for my video library so my folder structure (on the unRAID server) is:

Code:
Media
   ---> Movies
          ----> Movie 1
                  -----> movie.mkv
                  -----> extrafanart
                           -----> fanart.jpg
                  -----> poster.jpg
   ---> TV Shows
          ----> TV Show 1
                  -----> Season 1
                           ----> Episodes.avi
                  -----> extrafanart
                           -----> fanart.jpg
                  -----> poster.jpg

Since all of the fanart is on the server, when I browse through the library, the drives on my NAS spin up just to fetch the artwork. XBMC freezes completely for about 3-5 seconds until the drives are spun-up and the fanart is fetched. I didn't encounter this issue when I simply used the local default fanart (no extra fanart). Even if the NAS would have been switched off, I still would have been able to browse through the library without any problems.

TL;DR: Is there a way to store fanart locally without XBMC having to fetch the extra fanart every time from the network share?

Thanks
By default, XBMC does store all the posters and fanart locally, unless you've used the advancedsettings to use pathsubstition on the thumbnails folder and moved the folder to your server.

However, I'm not sure how it handles the "extra fanart" - I always thought this was skin specific and not part of XBMC core functionality, in which case, I wouldn't expect it to load them into the local thumbnail directory. Someone smarter than me could probably clarify.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Store Fanart Locally0