iOS Music on the Go - iPod Sync
Hi All

Is there any way of syncing my iPod music with my music on my XBMC setup.

It would be nice if XBMC could detect a connected iPod USB/WiFi and using some rules keep the music on the iPod/iPhone up-to-date.

My XBMC library clearly has more music than will fit on my iPod so I would settle for a simple rule like .. Sync the last 8Gb (depends on the size of the iPod) of music I listened to on XBMC to my iPod.

This would keep my iPod up to date with my listening habits at home.

Other rules could also be included. You might reduce the above rule to 4Gb and have a static playlist that is also synced for music you only listen to at the Gym for instance.

If there is something out there, let me know, otherwise this could be a really awesome future feature.

Thanks
Jens
Very few things can sync with iOS devices i thought.
Plus I don't think you can sync music through Wi-Fi without jailbreaking or upload to itunes match (or whatever it is called).

To be honest i think a lot of Devs focus on video and GUI rather than music and pictures.

Also whilst XBMC does have a library it's never really been a server app (read: or syncing app).

Sorry, wasn't trying to ruin your point just saying stuff which may affect it. (Hoping to be kind of constructive)

*Pre-emptive duck* However Plex seems to like doing server stuff

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I think iTunes can export in playlist formats that XBMC can pickup and vise versa. Not sure on the details.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music on the Go - iPod Sync0